Station building OOS

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

kolimbo
x4

Station building OOS

Post by kolimbo » Sun, 4. Nov 12, 00:55

Is there a mod that would let you build stations OOS? or just connect stations OOS?

I have two stations that have been constructed next to eacother and I fear that they'd explode if I stay IS to build the complex.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 4. Nov 12, 03:49

Complex Cleaner will let you build stations OOS. You still have to connect them In Sector.

For two stations that you have already built, look at their shields. If both stations have shields at 100% then they will be fine. If not, then move one of the stations with a tractor beam. In the future, allow enough space to avoid this problem. Use the numeric keypad to fine-tune station placement.

kolimbo
x4

Post by kolimbo » Sun, 4. Nov 12, 20:46

I've been using Heph Co's station building service, and sometimes it makes mistakes.

I guess it's impossible to connect stations OOS then (which is the problem I'm having).

Thanks though.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 4. Nov 12, 20:51

Which part are you having trouble with?

If the stations both have 100% shields, then just connect them. No problem.

If one (or both) of the stations have less than 100% shields, then they are too close together. In that case, use a tractor beam to move one of the stations.

Either way, it's easy pretty easy.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 4. Nov 12, 22:13

kolimbo wrote:I've been using Heph Co's station building service, and sometimes it makes mistakes.
I'm not aware of any problems regarding station positioning in the latest unsigned version. This is unless you have any mod installed, which includes non vanilla stations.
kolimbo wrote:I guess it's impossible to connect stations OOS then
Yes, it is.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

kurush
x3tc

Re: Station building OOS

Post by kurush » Mon, 5. Nov 12, 21:19

kolimbo wrote:Is there a mod that would let you build stations OOS
Station building service from the bonus pack does a very good job at it. It can't wire them up thought because of the script limitations. I used a keyboard macro for this which sucks but still beats watching that stupid animation 100 times. And yes, the last unsigned version seems to work nicely. And signed version is not that bad - you can jump in with CCKs and wire up stations losing shields quickly to make things stable (wired up stations do not collide).

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”