Laster Towers

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

SirDeity
x3tc

Laster Towers

Post by SirDeity » Sun, 4. Nov 12, 23:37

I have about 12 lastertowers guarding the north gate from pirate in Mines of Fortune where my primary complex is located. However, my lastertowers don't seem to attack anything unless I'm actually in the sector and up close enough to see the latertowers with my own eyes. If I monitor the second from OOS, I can see the pirate just casually fly right by the lastertowers or if the pirates attack the lasertowers I can see their health remain at 100% as if the lasertowers are just sitting there getting blown up without even trying to fight back. I jump in to the sector to check it out and I can see with my own eyes that the lastertowers, despite being shot at by pirate fighters, are not even attempting to fight back. They don't start fighting back until I fly fairly close to them. Is this a bug or what?

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Mon, 5. Nov 12, 00:16

I don't know, although one thing I will point out, Mines of Fortune doesn't have a North gate, does it? :? :wink:
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Mon, 5. Nov 12, 00:26

Laser towers work out of sector but not very well and at short range only. Enemy ships will often just fly by the towers. In sector laser towers seem to work fine. They actually are quite powerful.

Joe McCracken
x3tc

Post by Joe McCracken » Mon, 5. Nov 12, 00:37

For one it would be nice to know which game? Version?

I have no problem with laser towers in AP. It also helps to have an Advanced Sat with them so they have some 'eyes'.
I'd like to shoot you in the butt with a EBC gun, hide in the asteroids and laugh at what I done, put a blood blister upon each bun, I'd like to shoot you in the butt with a EBC gun.
Some people are like slinkies, not worth a whole lot, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

SirDeity
x3tc

Post by SirDeity » Mon, 5. Nov 12, 01:46

EmperorJon wrote:I don't know, although one thing I will point out, Mines of Fortune doesn't have a North gate, does it? :? :wink:
Okay, west gate then =) This is Terran Conflict. It would be nice if there were a forum devoted just to TC, so I wouldn't have to remember to state it every single time I post...

shawnburton
x4

Post by shawnburton » Mon, 5. Nov 12, 04:14

@SirDeity, in both TC and AP the laser towers are just about worthless when OOS. In AP they corrected a few bugs with laser towers that make them more powerful and effective IS.

I like to surround Xenon gates with 20 laser towers and stand off about 25km on the Y axis, then set up a TS to 'collect wares'. 20 laser towers can take a Xenon J class ship out in less than 10 seconds in AP. In contrast it takes about 15 to 30 second for them to take out any ship M5-M3 class. They don't track well enough to be effective against the small fast ships. If you are OOS a few enemy ships can take out 20 laser towers in less than 5 minutes.

Also take note that if you send a supply drone to a laser tower before its setup timer is complete, you can pull the cannon off of it for use on your ships. They have a long range and are devistating against anything M6 and larger.

Joe McCracken
x3tc

Post by Joe McCracken » Mon, 5. Nov 12, 09:09

I have laser towers in Xenon 347 at both gates. I leave them there and I may lose one every 3-4 game hours. They kill Q's in about 5 seconds. OOS. Fighters, about 2 seconds. Also OOS. IS, they are absolutely DEVASTATING. In vanilla AP.

I don't see were they are worthless. :?
I'd like to shoot you in the butt with a EBC gun, hide in the asteroids and laugh at what I done, put a blood blister upon each bun, I'd like to shoot you in the butt with a EBC gun.
Some people are like slinkies, not worth a whole lot, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

AgamemnonArgon
x3tc

Post by AgamemnonArgon » Mon, 5. Nov 12, 12:32

I would prefer a Starship on Sector Patrol.
Or two.
Argon Patriot and Battlemaster
Peace - Through Superior Firepower

kolimbo
x4

Post by kolimbo » Mon, 5. Nov 12, 17:36

Can't manufacture starships by the hundreds and need to equip them. Just plop down a LT factory and you'll stock up on thousands in no time. I have 150+ guarding my home sector and 300 of them scattered around key Xenon sectors. They roast Qs for breakfast.

shawnburton
x4

Post by shawnburton » Tue, 6. Nov 12, 00:17

I lose 20 towers in less than 10 minutes when OOS on the Xenon gate in Grand Exchange in X3AP. Not sure what we're doing different...

I make too much revenue from them to burn through them OOS.

Joe McCracken
x3tc

Post by Joe McCracken » Tue, 6. Nov 12, 00:23

I would suggest putting 20 more towers there. Then see if that changes things.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”