Problem with the goner plot.

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Excalibur Bane
x4

Problem with the goner plot.

Post by Excalibur Bane » Tue, 6. Nov 12, 20:01

I just finished the Terran plot and I went to do the Goner plot, but it's not working. I have the little blue book icon beside the name of the guy I have to comm with in Elysium but when I actually com him, there is no option for a plot to start. Just the usual way to the nearest dock and shipyard.

Help! :(

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 6. Nov 12, 20:09

So you are doing this to start the Goner Plot: 'Comm the Goner Ozias and talk to Osamu Avens.'?

Silly question, but you are sure you haven't started it before and are already expected to deliver something?
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Excalibur Bane
x4

Post by Excalibur Bane » Tue, 6. Nov 12, 20:26

No, this is the first time I've entered Elysium Of Light. I actually had quite a hard time finding it. I wasn't looking in the more obvious place. :)

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 6. Nov 12, 20:39

Well if you are doing the bit in italics above and still getting no plot then I think it is broken TM. Any earlier saves from before you entered EoL to try?
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Excalibur Bane
x4

Post by Excalibur Bane » Tue, 6. Nov 12, 21:21

I guess it must be broken. I'll try an earlier save. Geez, this game absolutely hates me. :(

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Tue, 6. Nov 12, 21:53

Doesn't hate you.You just took too long a break,that's all.
You'll be up to speed soon enough.

Sometimes,if you have not invested too much time in a game,it is better to start again,even using the save game manager (in my sig) to enable you to return to it at a later date.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Tue, 6. Nov 12, 23:25

Is your Goner rank positive? Do you have any scripts or mods installed that might interfere with the plot?
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Excalibur Bane
x4

Post by Excalibur Bane » Wed, 7. Nov 12, 00:21

Not really sure about my Goner rank. Don't think I have any, one way or the other. And no, just the cheat package. Nothing too extreme either.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Wed, 7. Nov 12, 00:24

If you have had any dealings with the Goners,trade or missions,you should have a rank listed below the other race ranks listed.

Excalibur Bane
x4

Post by Excalibur Bane » Wed, 7. Nov 12, 00:44

Yeah, it was at 0%, and was basically neutral. At any rate, I tried loading an earlier save and that didn't do anything. So I then tried increasing my rep with them, again no dialog option to start the quest.

I'm pretty much out of ideas here. :(

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Wed, 7. Nov 12, 00:54

There is a plot rest in s/m but that would probably mark your game as modified. But your game has the cheat package,so...

One of the rewards for the Goner Plot is required in a later plot.

So if no-one can help further,then you have either of the two choices I have given you.

If it was me,and I had not done the whole set of plots,I would restart the game.
But save it somewhere to go back to.

It's not happened to me yet , except in similar with another plot in a modified game. It was the mod that caused my problem.
But if you only have the cheat package,then it is probably not that.

Excalibur Bane
x4

Post by Excalibur Bane » Wed, 7. Nov 12, 01:27

Well, the game is already modified. I just use the cheat script to speed up my ships. I'd like to continue my saved game, I don't fancy restarting. How exactly do you reset the plot scripts or whatever?

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Wed, 7. Nov 12, 01:40

Go to the s/m forum.
You should find a link to the plot reset script in the stickies.

Excalibur Bane
x4

Post by Excalibur Bane » Wed, 7. Nov 12, 02:03

That did the trick! The Goner plot is reset and now I can actually get a mission from the guy! THANKS TTD! :D

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Wed, 7. Nov 12, 04:11

:thumb_up:

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”