Any body capped a Xenon Q (X3TC)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

The Iron Duke
x3tc

Any body capped a Xenon Q (X3TC)

Post by The Iron Duke » Wed, 7. Nov 12, 18:07

LO. Would appreciate any advise re capping a Xenon Q in X3TC.
Am playing 2.1 before the capping alterations.
Have tried but run out of marines, how many does it take and what are the logistics for launching them.
Have tried the 'Search' facility with the usual result. (100 topics, none relevant :?)
"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but by God, they frighten me." (Sir Athur Wellesley, viewng the Connaught Rangers, eve of Waterloo.)

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 7. Nov 12, 18:21

For TC 2.1 use 21 top class marines, check the progress in Property, Personnel and reload if you ever lose more than an average of 1 marine per deck.

Otherwise use waves of cannon-fodder marines to overwhelm by sheer numbers.

Thread.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Rapier
x3tc

Post by Rapier » Wed, 7. Nov 12, 19:41

I think I ended up using 20 raw recruits as cannon fodder and topped them up with my 5* marines as the operation went on. I did it with two M7Ms; launched all the pods from one, transporter, jump ship out, launch remaining marines at about 20 second intervals. It takes practice to get all the timings right, so good luck if you're playing DiD!
Rapier - The Orifice of all Knowledge

Godwin's Law is not one of the Forum Rules.
Search just the forum with Google

The Iron Duke
x3tc

Post by The Iron Duke » Wed, 7. Nov 12, 21:30

Alan Phipps. Thanks for that but two queries:- 1. The logistics of launching 21 marines. Ship swapping has to be involved. yes?
2. If I put up my 'Property' list I don't have a category for 'Personnel'.
"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but by God, they frighten me." (Sir Athur Wellesley, viewng the Connaught Rangers, eve of Waterloo.)

The Iron Duke
x3tc

Post by The Iron Duke » Wed, 7. Nov 12, 21:34

Rapier. Thanks for your input. U used twp M7Ms, 20 cannon fodder, but how many 5* marines were dispatched from the second M7M?

StarSword
x3tc

Post by StarSword » Wed, 7. Nov 12, 21:34

The Iron Duke wrote:Alan Phipps. Thanks for that but two queries:- 1. The logistics of launching 21 marines. Ship swapping has to be involved. yes?
Unless you're boarding with the 30-capacity Sirokos, yes, you'll need multiple marine transports.
Only available when actively boarding, I believe.
TC unless otherwise specified. | Find me on Steam! | My X3TC Links | X and X Rebirth @ TVTropes

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 7. Nov 12, 21:38

StarSword wrote:...
Only available when actively boarding, I believe.
Nope. It should be there at all times. It doesn't just show your boarding op marines, but all of them and what they're doing. This was added in a later patch, as I recall, so if the OP isn't fully updated, it may not show up.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

The Iron Duke
x3tc

Post by The Iron Duke » Wed, 7. Nov 12, 21:39

Thanks Alan, but I believe the Sirokos only existed in X3TC Reunion.
However, I will straight away go and cap some poor soul and look for the 'Property - Personnel' list

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 7. Nov 12, 21:41

The Iron Duke wrote:....
However, I will straight away go and cap some poor soul and look for the 'Property - Personnel' list
And you'll find it in patch 2.5, I believe. :wink:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 7. Nov 12, 21:45

Ah the joys of running an early patch game version when everyone else giving advice cannot help thinking in terms of current patch. :lol:

You can get the Sirokos in X3TC (incl 2.1) after completion of the OTAS Corporate missions.
Last edited by Alan Phipps on Wed, 7. Nov 12, 21:49, edited 2 times in total.

The Iron Duke
x3tc

Post by The Iron Duke » Wed, 7. Nov 12, 21:46

Thanks Nanook. There no listing in 2.1 for Personnel. Staying there, game play was spoiled for me after 2.1 Thanks anyway.

The Iron Duke
x3tc

Post by The Iron Duke » Wed, 7. Nov 12, 21:49

Alan Phipps
Ah the joys of running an early patch game version when everyone else giving advice cannot help thinking in terms of current patch.
Perhaps like me, the memories fade.

The Iron Duke
x3tc

Post by The Iron Duke » Wed, 7. Nov 12, 21:51

Sorry, this was for StarSword.
"Thanks Alan, but I believe the Sirokos only existed in X3TC Reunion.
However, I will straight away go and cap some poor soul and look for the 'Property - Personnel' list."

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 8. Nov 12, 11:47

There is a Sirokos in X3TC (incl 2.1) but only after you finish the OTAS Corp missions.

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Thu, 8. Nov 12, 18:00

With the Q, don't bother unless you have 21 marines that are 100% in everything, especially fighting. It's not getting the marines on board that's the hard part (compared to other M7s), but the boarding once you have- it's very possible to take the ship without losing any marines at all if you're prepared to reload a dozen times or more.

The Iron Duke
x3tc

Post by The Iron Duke » Sat, 10. Nov 12, 08:59

once again xlnt advise. Thanks guys. :thumb_up:

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”