Editing complex / upgrading factories?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Inzann

Editing complex / upgrading factories?

Post by Inzann » Thu, 8. Nov 12, 00:12

Well I made a spacefuel complex but I would like to upgrade it now, sort of making all the factories L or XL in size instead of M etc.. Is this possible in some way or is the only way to "start over" to destroy it?

Like for example I installed a M silicion mine which outputs less silicion then a L silicon mine would.[/u]

StarSword
x3tc

Post by StarSword » Thu, 8. Nov 12, 00:30

You can self-destruct the complex hub to separate the factories, then self-destruct the factories you need to replace. (I once did this with a whole complex to rearrange it into a less laggy shape.)

You can't do this with mines, though: this will also destroy the rock it's attached to, and it won't respawn.
TC unless otherwise specified. | Find me on Steam! | My X3TC Links | X and X Rebirth @ TVTropes

Inzann

Post by Inzann » Thu, 8. Nov 12, 01:49

Thank you for the help, shame about the mine however. I'll figure something out I guess.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 8. Nov 12, 11:49

Why not just add more stations to get more-or-less the same effect as an upgrade?
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”