Need help on wings...

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Nicoman35
x3tc

Need help on wings...

Post by Nicoman35 » Sun, 11. Nov 12, 11:07

Hi there,

I want to build a wing with a script. Another script, a whatch script, is to control wether this wing

a) has a flight leader
b) the leader has follower ships
c) constantly controls the hull and shield values of each ship in the wing

Now, there are quite some commands in the MSCI that deal the task I want to do.

Problems:
1) ALL of the needed commands are not commented, so I have to try and error how to do it
2) As I am able to figure out, a wing and a formation are 2 different things? Because there is no way to check if a WING has a leader, but only to check if a formation has one. - Am I correct?

So, can anyone tell me a script or mod, which extesively uses wings, so I am able to analize them and draw conclusions?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 11. Nov 12, 11:16

wings and formations are different. A formation is just a heirachy and formations dont have commands or orders.

Whereas a wing controls all the ships in the wing and gives them the required commands.
many of the wing commands will assign a flight leader and create formations. Some commands will also assign multiple formations within the wing.

So wings dont really have a leader, they only have a leader of a formation assigned when running a command

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Sun, 11. Nov 12, 11:32

Ah, ok.
Pitty, I wanted to rename the ships in the wing with according names. Such as: LEADER, and the wingmates e.g. wingmate 01, wingmate 02....
I thaught when the leader is KIA, some wing ship would take the lead and I could be able to rename the ships accordingly.
I will have to think of another way then.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”