Where do I drop the Terran HQ?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Neil Depledge
x3tc

Where do I drop the Terran HQ?

Post by Neil Depledge » Mon, 12. Nov 12, 21:09

Back in August, I posted a question on how to increase Argon rank if starting as a Terran. This was very well answered and I got to top rank with Argons quite quickly. I then completed all Terran plots and I have a Terran HQ sat on my Mammoth, itself moored at my one Split Eq-Dock in Red Light. My only other station is the Gate-Hub.

Events in RL then overtook game playing for a while.

On searching thru Mr B’s excellent save game manager, I came across this save. In-game time is 2 days 10 hours with just the 2 above stations owned. Credit seems ok with 1,381.6 million in hand.

I would like to progress this game so a question. Where do I drop the HQ?

Cheers, Neil

StarSword
x3tc

Post by StarSword » Mon, 12. Nov 12, 21:16

If you're in good with the Argon as you say, anywhere you feel would be useful and that isn't a war sector.

You might try Megnir. In TC it has lots of good asteroids you can plant mines on and use to supply the HQ.
TC unless otherwise specified. | Find me on Steam! | My X3TC Links | X and X Rebirth @ TVTropes

Neil Depledge
x3tc

Post by Neil Depledge » Mon, 12. Nov 12, 21:42

@Starsword: interesting idea. In a previous AP game I put the Commonwelth HQ in CEO's Wellspring and that seemed ok what with all the 5 'New Home' available for construction. This time I would like it to be different! Like in the middle of Aron Prime, for example .. :D . Neil

Aragosnat
x4

Post by Aragosnat » Mon, 12. Nov 12, 23:08

Neil Depledge wrote:@Starsword: interesting idea. In a previous AP game I put the Commonwelth HQ in CEO's Wellspring and that seemed ok what with all the 5 'New Home' available for construction. This time I would like it to be different! Like in the middle of Aron Prime, for example .. :D . Neil
Just stay there for a while and com any red argon cop. As I sometimes still sumble upon some that hate my guts. No point in having a station there only to find it blown to bits by the local pigs.
Chain Maille Armor
Profitzz
May this spacefly bother you.
[ external image ]
TC: 32+ Squidie (Steam DiD) deaths and counting since around June 18, 2012.

Neil Depledge
x3tc

Post by Neil Depledge » Tue, 13. Nov 12, 01:26

@Aragosnat: Red Argon cops are a thing of the past since I hit Hero of the Federation rank. I know its only a game but I get a perverse 'kick' out of a Terran HQ sat inthe middle of Argon Prime :twisted: . Anyway, still not planted it yet but having a look around for various different locations to my usual of Red Light. Noticed the HQ in Guiding Star still has 10 Titans hovering round it with 2 Military Titans - so that rules that sector out. Neil

Aragosnat
x4

Post by Aragosnat » Tue, 13. Nov 12, 18:04

Neil Depledge wrote:@Aragosnat: Red Argon cops are a thing of the past since I hit Hero of the Federation rank. I know its only a game but I get a perverse 'kick' out of a Terran HQ sat inthe middle of Argon Prime :twisted: . Anyway, still not planted it yet but having a look around for various different locations to my usual of Red Light. Noticed the HQ in Guiding Star still has 10 Titans hovering round it with 2 Military Titans - so that rules that sector out. Neil
Rank hath no meaning for some red piggies. Kind of reminds me when I gain rank to fast with either the split or nids where they always hate me dispite having the highest rank. But, yeah 12? titans. Neat-o time for some boading ops or a grand display of fireworks. :twisted:
Chain Maille Armor
Profitzz
May this spacefly bother you.
[ external image ]
TC: 32+ Squidie (Steam DiD) deaths and counting since around June 18, 2012.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”