(AP) So I got the Hub

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

SilusCrow
x4

(AP) So I got the Hub

Post by SilusCrow » Thu, 15. Nov 12, 05:35

So I just finished getting The Hub with little to no effort on my part save for an infusion of 10k ECells.

Now what?

Mostly regarding The Hub.

First thing that pops into my mind is connecting Argon prime/Home of Light to some Terran sectors and watching the chaos, but that does not really seem productive.

StarSword
x3tc

Post by StarSword » Thu, 15. Nov 12, 06:01

Think for a minute about the Hub. What does it do?

It links far-apart gate pairs. Basically you're creating a shortcut across the universe, opening up new markets for your station traders.

What I did in TC was hook Aldrin 2/TUS 1 to Queen's Retribution/Queen's Harbor and (I think it was) Rhonkar's Fire/Rhonkar's Clouds.
TC unless otherwise specified. | Find me on Steam! | My X3TC Links | X and X Rebirth @ TVTropes

oddgit
x4

Post by oddgit » Thu, 15. Nov 12, 14:08

sooo connect Xenon Sector 627/Xenon Core 023, Gaian Star/Mercenaries Rift
and Argon Prime/Home of Light!

Actually in seriousness. I picked sectors based on my Player HQ and my construction operations. In my current game i linked Savage Spur/Empire's Edge (lots of mining and space fuel/weed), Legend's Home/Unknown Sector(player hq, food production and Akeela's Beacon with its 300% boost to solar plants) and Neptune/Althes. As an added bonus they are spaced pretty evenly other then the east sectors(too unstable in my game, LOTS of Xenon activity) and the split sectors, but that is nor a big deal. The cool thing about the hub is that the sector traders and CLS guys use it. IT can greatly expand their trade range. Fortunately i have not had any fighting in the hub, other then some random pirates. It has worked pretty great and has helped stabilize the Terran economy and the central sectors.

Though for practicality reasons connecting sectors like Argon Prime, Profit Center Alpha and Belt of Aguilar would expand the universe a bit more.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Thu, 15. Nov 12, 22:44

In my current game, I am next to the Paranid,but I need to be linked to all races,so I have linked Boron/Argon and Split/Teladi ,joining them by putting the Hub between me and the Paranid.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”