[TC] Raising terran rep with eCell + crystal loops

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

pref
x4

[TC] Raising terran rep with eCell + crystal loops

Post by pref » Thu, 15. Nov 12, 14:20

Hiho!

I really need some terran rep to buy SSCs at least on my ships, but flying aroun in a TP/TS (i can hardly tolerate a spitfyre, its so slow) is not really for me. That means i gladly spend 2x the time building stations or fighting (without rep loss).

If i build a loop with crystals and eCells in a terran sector selling around min price would that work (within a reasonable amount of time)? I can set up any number of CAGs to distribute in the solar system, money is not really an issue.

I have some ST/LTs in terran space, but i dont remember getting rep for them, only when i finished missions.

Sorry if it should bein an existing thread, but i only found older ones about this.

Edit: i cannot build terran stations yet and don't even have any plot missions pointing in that way so i cant think of anything else they would need. Tried scanning TLs for their stations, but found none so far...

Geek
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Geek » Thu, 15. Nov 12, 17:22

Within a reasonable time, no.
Building rep through trade is possible, no matter if is from MK3s or stations, but it is extremely slow.
Right on commander !

pref
x4

Post by pref » Thu, 15. Nov 12, 17:31

Oh well... time to get into my argon 'express' (muha)

Maybe ill have my cobra follow and ill get an ATF fleet while the express tries to live up to its name.

Whish i had tetris or smthg in my cockpit :D

Lelouch
x3tc

Post by Lelouch » Thu, 15. Nov 12, 17:48

You can do passenger missions in a Spitfyre. (Just not Luxury transports and ones specifically requiring a TP.) But if they just want to haul some marines from a to b, then you can do that. (Might need to store your weapons somewhere else to scrape enough cargo space together. Some of these missions want 10-14 passengers moved. fast. now.)

pref
x4

Post by pref » Thu, 15. Nov 12, 18:37

Lelouch wrote:You can do passenger missions in a Spitfyre. (Just not Luxury transports and ones specifically requiring a TP.) But if they just want to haul some marines from a to b, then you can do that. (Might need to store your weapons somewhere else to scrape enough cargo space together. Some of these missions want 10-14 passengers moved. fast. now.)
thanks i didn't even think about that!
You kinda put me in the right mood to not whine about it but do it quickly :)

I'll still have to do some radical pewpew to compensate when im done

insolent1
x3tc

Post by insolent1 » Thu, 15. Nov 12, 19:27

Deliver ship & taxi missions are the best way to get Terran rep, place a SAT or ship in Mars and Saturn this will allow you to remote buy the ships and send them to the mission givers.

For taxi missions it will say if a TP is required so you can do all the other ones in any ship provided it has enough space, correct ware size and a cargo life support system.
Each passenger takes up 6 space and are M sized cargo.

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Thu, 15. Nov 12, 19:34

Doing missions is the easiest way to raise Terran rep. (Taxi and Deliver Ship Missions, preferred, as well as Station Defense, which I typically found easily available in Heretic's End.) Also, killing Pirates in Terran space certainly helps. (Heretic's End is a good spot to hunt for them, in my game. But, certainly you'd find more out near Pluto and Unknown Sectors, but it's a long drive.) Placing a few Local Traders in Terran space helps as well.

Atkara
x3tc

Post by Atkara » Thu, 15. Nov 12, 19:43

If you can afford to buy one, you can use a Springblossom to do both personnel transport and special cargo deliveries. Install a Jumpdrive, a Docking Computer and assuming you have the Bonus Package installed, a Turbo Booster MK1.

Don't let the investment cost scare you. It's going to bring your rep sky high, the cash you've spent back and more credits than you can handle.

Also, while at it, you might want to tune to your favorite internet radio station. Hearing something different helps a lot -at least it helped me.

StarSword
x3tc

Post by StarSword » Thu, 15. Nov 12, 20:06

insolent1 wrote:Deliver ship & taxi missions are the best way to get Terran rep, place a SAT or ship in Mars and Saturn this will allow you to remote buy the ships and send them to the mission givers.
While you're at it, plant sats next to all the docks in Mars, Asteroid Belt, and Jupiter. This'll let you do build missions for the Terrans in Heretic's End. They give you a mission, you check the sector remotely and, if you can see the beacon, write down its coordinates in case the collision avoidance routines move it when you enter the sector to build.
TC unless otherwise specified. | Find me on Steam! | My X3TC Links | X and X Rebirth @ TVTropes

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”