Khaak Corvette Player VS AI Question

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

RoverTX
x4

Khaak Corvette Player VS AI Question

Post by RoverTX » Sat, 17. Nov 12, 03:53

I am playing AP with TC plots, so I just got the Khaak Corvette, and after killing a bunch of Khaak, I ended up with 15 Beta Khaak Beams. The damn Corvette maxed out is sick.

The funny thing is I can take out other Khaak Corvettes in just a few seconds with out taking any real damage. I know the AI doesn't know how to use beam weapons, but on top of that I realized that the AI Khaak don't seem to have more then 4 or 5 lasers in their main guns at any given time.

So do the enemy Khaak Corvettes really just not have a full weapon's array or are they just that bad at using beam weapons?

StarSword
x3tc

Post by StarSword » Sat, 17. Nov 12, 03:58

A little of both, I think. You may have noticed the AI fires beam weapons in discrete bursts rather than continuous fire. Also AI ships spawn with a random assortment of weapons that may or may not comprise a full loadout.
TC unless otherwise specified. | Find me on Steam! | My X3TC Links | X and X Rebirth @ TVTropes

RoverTX
x4

Post by RoverTX » Sat, 17. Nov 12, 05:09

In this game I have killed like 20 or so Khaak corvettes and still haven't faced one down with more then 5 or so main gun lasers. I know because there fire patterns have never been as dense looking as mine, you can clearly see where they are missing ones. O well I wish there was a way to mod them to actually use/have more guns more often, the damn things go down too easy.

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Fri, 23. Nov 12, 09:34

Modding this is unlikely to work.
The selection is hardcoded and pretty random.

You could script it but that's a sizable can of worms.
Not because it's technically difficult but there are a lot of laser types and turret compatibility masks, ships with weak laser generators that should rely more on ammo-based weapons, lasers where the performance drastically differes from the ingame values that a script can read, considerations like having enough lasers for "full" turret loads without running out of cargo space...
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”