khaak

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Danny200
xr

khaak

Post by Danny200 » Sat, 17. Nov 12, 10:00

is there any good mod to put the khaak back into the game? thanks :)

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sat, 17. Nov 12, 11:08

Return of the Khaak - Adds roaming Kha'ak (no missions or Undefined Space).

Kha'ak in UFJD sectors

Danny200
xr

Post by Danny200 » Mon, 19. Nov 12, 00:29

Return of the Khaak

i have downloaded this

it also says

install to AP addon/scripts folder

what dose that mean? i coppyed and pasted it not installed is that the same?

also it says turn on the ALP in the ALP menu, wait for the options to come up, set them and away you go

what is an ALP and what is an ALP menu?

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Mon, 19. Nov 12, 02:57

As long as you put the files in their respective folder it will be installed.

ALP refers to the Artificial Life Plugin which once script editor is run through typing in the "Thereshallbewings" as the pilots name. If you press escape in some of the options amogst save/load/graphics/controls you will find the ALP menu. You'll need to activate the mod through there.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Mon, 19. Nov 12, 05:42

Welcome to the S&M forum, Danny. It appears that you have been a forum member for a while, but this is your first time using scripts? Good for you! Now you can play the game the way that it was meant to be played! :)

In the case of Return of the Kha'ak, an easier way to install is to use the Plugin Manager, which will automatically put things in the correct folders for your game. To install an archive (.rar or .zip) use the "Install Archive" button.

For other scripts, if you look at the "Tutorials" sticky at the top of the forum, the second link is to LV's Tutorial - Installing mods and scripts to your game which has nice pictures that may help you. Note that the instructions have not been updated for AP, which adds an "addon" folder under the main game folder. So AP scripts, t, types, and director folders should be: addon\scripts, addon\t, addon\types, addon\director.

Danny200 wrote:also it says turn on the ALP in the ALP menu, wait for the options to come up, set them and away you go

what is an ALP and what is an ALP menu?
"ALP" stands for "Artificial Life Plugin". AL Plugins have their own menu to control them. While undocked, press the escape key (Esc), select "Gameplay", then "Artificial Life Settings". Most AL Plugins simple toggle On and Off, although some have multiple choices or a menu.

Oh, and one more tip: Unlike the Universe forum, where new threads are (inexplicably) encouraged, the etiquette in the S&M forum is to post your questions in the thread for the script or mod that you are asking about.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Mon, 19. Nov 12, 19:48

As long as you have installed it correctly once turned on the menu will pop up soon afterwards, seta for a couple of mins, if it doesn't turn it off, seta then back on just in case you exited the menu without realising. The plugin run around every 5 mins iirc

that should do it for you, if not come back and let me know.

My guides are linked below, "readme's for all my scripts", click it ;)
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

Danny200
xr

Post by Danny200 » Mon, 19. Nov 12, 21:08

thanks all i been working so not had much time to reply umm

i did this

While undocked, press the escape key (Esc), select "Gameplay", then "Artificial Life Settings"

but my artificial life settings is blank its there... just a dark color and i cant select anything how comes?

everything is in the right place :S

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Mon, 19. Nov 12, 21:12

Return of the Kha'ak does not automatically enable scripts, so you will have to do it yourself: FAQ: Activating the Script Editor

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”