Finally capped a hyperion vangard :) Best loadout?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

BankruptAssasin
xr

Finally capped a hyperion vangard :) Best loadout?

Post by BankruptAssasin » Sun, 18. Nov 12, 02:23

Spent hours last note trying to get this, didn't hold much luck seeing as I have only ever capped an orca & lost many a marine. I was getting frustrated as hell, my nova was only 75% hull when starting to the Hyperion was catching me and killing me constantly, I decided to use drones along side 1 wing of novas and another mixed with falcons and baracudas, once shields were down, I fried his ass with ions' sent over my marines, only 3 landed of which 2 died, thought I was going to lose the 3rd when he hacked the core. Result my first ever m6, my first proper cap and did it with a tp and m3. Plus no rep loss for some reason.

So what weapons doing use? I want to start the terran & khaak plot.

Thanks

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Sun, 18. Nov 12, 03:00

The Hype can pack quite a punch, and personally I go for a mix of CIG and HEPT, and use missiles to hit anything small and pesky.
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

Manks
x3tc

Post by Manks » Sun, 18. Nov 12, 03:08

Many congratulations, she's a game-changer of a ship. Here are some suggestions for you.

Not a whole lot of options for the turrets. EBCs up front and PACs on the back, if I recall.

For the main, I started out with CIGs since they seem to be a pretty reasonable gun all around. Your recharge will let you fire 6 of them continuously, so long as the back turrets are inactive. If they are, it'll still take minutes to drain. If never going out of energy is important to you, start with that. To me that's a bit of a waste, so I swapped in 2 ISRs. It still takes an incredibly long time to get to low energy. The only downside to using CIGs as a primary weapon is that they make it impossible to shoot down fighter swarms by backpedaling and blowing them up as they enter range. If I felt that was important, 6 ISRs would do the trick. Instead I just go in full-throttle and "dog-fight".

The final two spots I swap stuff in situationally. 2 PBGs when appropriate, 2 PBEs for bails, 2 EBCs for when range is important. Even just 2 PBGs make short work of missiles and fighters, but using more I suppose could also be fun.

My weapon groups are all the corvette guns (CIGs + ISRs), the specialized stuff, and then everything.

You have a large enough cargo hold to carry tons of different weapons, so you might as well be prepared for anything. That, and you can store oodles of ammo, which is good because the EBC is an excellent gun.

oddgit
x4

Post by oddgit » Sun, 18. Nov 12, 03:18

Congrats, i have yet to capture one. When i see one i am usually not paying attention well enough or station building and forget to go get my capture ships.
I want to cap one, reverse engineer it and mass produce them for my fleet. All of my infrastructure has been building up to produce ships.
gogo overkill!

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Sun, 18. Nov 12, 03:21

Loadout now also depends on what game you are playing, TC or AP. In AP all M6 got generator bump and you should be able to put the biggest energy guns on it without running out of juice too soon. Ammo-based guns are good, but you can just go with CIG+HEPT+PAC in AP.

jkjklkl
x3ap

Post by jkjklkl » Sun, 18. Nov 12, 03:53

kurush wrote:Loadout now also depends on what game you are playing, TC or AP.
He stated that he wanted to do the Terran and Kha'ak plots, so he's in TC.

There is no "best" loadout; it's all personal preference. As long as you're not putting IREs everywhere, you should be fine.

My personal TC loadout was 4x CIG 4x HEPT in the main, with the forward turrets willed with HEPT and the rear turrets filled with PACs. Simple loadout, relatively cheap, and very effective. However, I found myself using the CIGs less and less as the game went on, so I'll probably go back and switch them out sometime.

Other options include the EBC (if you're not as lazy as I was and actually set up the logistics for it) and the PBG (for lots of small fighters like Kha'ak Clusters).

For missiles, I would recommend:
Mosquito for MDM
Wasp for turret distraction and anti-M5
Hurricane for anti-M5
Hornet (situational) for M6/TL boarding
Typhoon for anti-M3/M6
Tornado for anti-bigship
Firestorm because nukes
Wraiths because holyshitthatthingneedstodierightthefucknow

Lone Jedi
x3tc

Post by Lone Jedi » Sun, 18. Nov 12, 07:58

I prefer ISR as the main guns if I fly it myself because of better accuracy.
I live in my Vidar.

Laser hit efficiency: 97% @190,499 shots
Missile hit efficiency: 97% @4,204 missiles fired

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sun, 18. Nov 12, 09:23

My preference is EBC on the main guns, HEPT on the forward turrets set to Attack Target, and PAC on the rear (usually with one turret on missile defence and the other on attack enemies)--this is mainly because I don't like leaving ammo-based guns under AI control, especially ones that use up ammo as rapidly as EBC do; those guns might as well be firing wadded-up credit notes, and I like to know exactly where my money is going!

insolent1
x3tc

Post by insolent1 » Sun, 18. Nov 12, 13:36

Weapon quick swap mod can make this ship a lot better since it has the cargo space to carry a wide variety of everything.

Main
8xCIG for m7 and up the extra range can keep you out of flak range.
8xEBC for when I run out of charge
4xPBG & 4XPBE for capping and m4/m5's
Turrets
4xEBC no point wasting charge
6xPACS meh

Loads of almost every missile type it can fire but especially typhoons, hornets, tempests and disruptors

Kirlack
x3tc

Post by Kirlack » Sun, 18. Nov 12, 13:45

My personal HV in Terran Conflict:

Main: 4x ISR/4x PBG for both ranged and up close combat.
Front Turrets: 4x HEPT/EBC
Rear Turrets: 6x PAC

Load up some heavy missiles for cap killing and you're all set for a jaunt through Xenon space :)

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Sun, 18. Nov 12, 14:06

I love the Hyp V. Especially the pretty colors as they explode under IBL fire. :D

Actually using them, I like a full load of CIG's. Then HEPT and PAC's for the turrets. The best armament is actually lots, and lots, and LOTS of missiles.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

RoverTX
x4

Post by RoverTX » Sun, 18. Nov 12, 20:46

ISR up front are also good for M7 killing. The energy drain is very noticeable when fighting a Xenon Q or other M7s to a lesser degree. You can basically keep an Q with little or no energy for most of the fight.

Aragosnat
x4

Post by Aragosnat » Mon, 19. Nov 12, 00:37

Gratz on the cap and gratz for it not carrying any hammerhead missiles too. Like many have said. Depends on your play style as well as what guns you are able to grab for it in a timely manner.
Chain Maille Armor
Profitzz
May this spacefly bother you.
[ external image ]
TC: 32+ Squidie (Steam DiD) deaths and counting since around June 18, 2012.

oddgit
x4

Post by oddgit » Mon, 19. Nov 12, 03:14

I got inspired, went out and caped one for my self. I did it OOS, turned out pretty good. Best part, only the hyp turned red. My rep is high enough that nothing really happened.
I reverse engineered mine, so i can produce. Question is what is a good OOS config for them.

Nick Northern
x3tc

Post by Nick Northern » Mon, 19. Nov 12, 03:50

ISR in main turret, HEPT in front turrets and 6 PAC in rear turrets. Wasps for small pesky ships and Hornets for bigger stuff. Hyperion can fire 4 ISR + 4 HEPT continuously forever. I don't like reloading EBC ammo on my Hyperion and have no problem killing Q's. In fact, this loadout really has no problem killing anything in the game if you have enough hornets. Flak on capital ships will be your biggest annoyance, but the 3km range on the ISR's and the combo of wasps and Hornets will make short work of even the largest capital ships.
Enemies make you stronger, allies make you weaker.
Frank Herbert

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Mon, 19. Nov 12, 05:04

oddgit wrote:what is a good OOS config for them.
OOS is different than IS:

- Do not use ammo-based weapons OOS (bug).

- Laser energy and range are not considered OOS.

- Weapon speed is mostly not counted (exception: very fast ships may avoid some capital-ship weapons fire in AP).

- Therefore, use the most powerful energy weapons available.

For Hyperion Vanguard, that is CIG for main guns, HEPT in front turrets, PAC in rear turrets.

SilusCrow
x4

Post by SilusCrow » Mon, 19. Nov 12, 07:03

Just FINALLY finished kitting out my wing of Hypes, so I feel that I ought to share their loadouts with you.

Main Guns: CIG x8
Front Turret: EBC x4
Back Turret: PAC x6
Missiles: 40+ Wraith Missiles
Ammunition: EBC Ammo x200 (40k shots)

BankruptAssasin
xr

Post by BankruptAssasin » Mon, 19. Nov 12, 09:26

Thanks for everyone's suggestions, i haven't really had much time to play since i capped it, plus im currently trying to create a Missile plex so that i can arm it and the rest of the fleet for all future problems (Xenon/Khaak), i then plan to kit this out with your suggestions,

I'm thinking a mix of ISR, EBC, CIG & PAC and a wide variety of Missiles - If using OOS i may change this up.

Thanks

P.s

How do i get Wraith Missiles? Are they Terran/Yaki stuff?

SilusCrow
x4

Post by SilusCrow » Mon, 19. Nov 12, 10:24

BankruptAssasin wrote:Thanks for everyone's suggestions, i haven't really had much time to play since i capped it, plus im currently trying to create a Missile plex so that i can arm it and the rest of the fleet for all future problems (Xenon/Khaak), i then plan to kit this out with your suggestions,

I'm thinking a mix of ISR, EBC, CIG & PAC and a wide variety of Missiles - If using OOS i may change this up.

Thanks

P.s

How do i get Wraith Missiles? Are they Terran/Yaki stuff?
They are indeed Terran missiles. I don't know if you're able to (assuming you're playing TC or something other than AP), but I'd build a Wraith fab if you plan on using them. They're like....Hornet+ or even a Cluster Hammer in terms of damage.

If you can't get ahold of a constant supply of them though, I'd just skip'em and use Hornets or something.

BankruptAssasin
xr

Post by BankruptAssasin » Tue, 20. Nov 12, 09:23

Just tried & successfully capped a Heavy Centaur, only lost one Marine while fighting and another has went Awol, but the Hype makes this so easy. Took his shields down in a few seconds, launched the marines, kept the shields down until they got in, sped away, however i have set the back turrets to missile defense and they just shot ti to pieces, was down to 23% hull by the time i capped it and my marines are all 5* thanks to the marine manager, they got in at 99% and were hacking it with 97% when my back turrets decided it was a good target. why if they are set to missile defense did they decide to attack? this has been a consistent problem for me, when i was starting of in my kestrel, the back turrets were draining my energy even though they were set to missile defense and no missiles were incoming.

Thanks

P.S - The hype is some machine, the energy reserves are not what i expected, i tried to take on a panther right after the Centaur, his shields were 60% after around 3-4 passes, energy kept running out and i died. Is taking m7's really that difficult?

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”