X3AP Friends with both sides (Argon/Terran)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

genarus
x3tc

X3AP Friends with both sides (Argon/Terran)

Post by genarus » Sun, 18. Nov 12, 05:31

Ok so i got highest standings with both sides but when i got ships going through the war zones I.E. trade ships there are random terran ships that go red and attack my trade ships or anything. In the process of some ships defending them self i lose standings with terran... is there a way for them not to attack my stuff? and no these are not pirates.

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Sun, 18. Nov 12, 07:16

The short answer is no, even though you have rep with both sides you will find your ships will be attacked when you are oos.

The reason is that whichever race you have slightly less rep with will target your ships as hostile unless you are IS.
It is a feature of the unendfing war in AP and whilst there are some things you can do to reduce the number of hostile ships spawning in these sectors there is no real answer to it long term

the only way to avoid losses is to black list war zones for all your ships/stations.
When traveling pause occasionally, look back and enjoy the moment again.

Old Drullo321
x4

Post by Old Drullo321 » Sun, 18. Nov 12, 22:38

As already explained it is a "feature" (I rather would call it motivation ruining).
However there is a trick to stop the spawn of OOS enemy war ships who seek and destroy everything belonging to you. You have to capture at least one of those ships and makure sure, it will stay alive. As long as you do (if there are more patrols, you have to capture one of each), no new patrols caused by that script will spawn.

For me that would be too troublesome so better blacklist all those sectors (for MK3 via bonus package)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”