(AP) IBL Farming question

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

SilusCrow
x4

(AP) IBL Farming question

Post by SilusCrow » Mon, 19. Nov 12, 11:20

So, I've made nice with the Yaki, and now I'm looking to cash in in the form of IBLs. Thing is, the Yaki have next to no infrastructure or ways to supply their factories.

However, I've got a ship building complex up in the Spur that could supply them with everything they'd ever need.

So here's the question: If I got some Ssector traders based out in Weaver's Tempest and set them to work up through to the Spur, would they dock at my ship complex to pull materials to sell elsewhere? Or would the Commodity Trader thing work better?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 19. Nov 12, 13:40

There is some useful info in this thread.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Tue, 20. Nov 12, 01:51

Sector Traders will work, but not optimally. Weapon factories tend to require a lot of resources for a production cycle, but ST's work on profit differential. There are situations when a factory has almost, but not quite, enough resources. In that case it will set a low-ish price for the resource, which may not be attractive to the ST's. So the ST's sit and wait... and the factory sits and waits, too. :(

I use two fast CLS2 M6's to make the rounds in Weaver's Tempest between my complex, the Space Fuel factories, and the IBL factories. They keep the resources constantly stocked so that the IBL fabs produce at maximum speed.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”