(AP) Invaders must die - Xenon Meat Grinder

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

SilusCrow
x4

(AP) Invaders must die - Xenon Meat Grinder

Post by SilusCrow » Tue, 20. Nov 12, 13:56

So I figured out what my goal will be for all these insane ships I'm getting ahold of.

I'm gonna take on the Xenon.

Not like "I'm gonna zip in and blow up stuff", but more like "I'm gonna link 5/6 of the Hub gates to deep Xenon sectors and the 6th one to a "friendly" sector and wait for a huge invasion/migration to sweep through, then repel EVERY LAST ONE. Failing that, I'll shift the Hub gates to all Xenon sectors then attempt to hold the Hub with my whole fleet until I can shift gates again.

Regardless of how things go, I need advice on ways to fill out my currently small fleet.

Currently I have:

Akurai x1
Cobra x1
Kyoto x1
-Hyperion Vanguard x6
--Falcon Hauler x12
Carrack x2
Brigantine x1
Tyr x1
Osaka x1
Tokyo x1
Cerberus x1
-Thor x10
Springblossom x5 (4 running trade for Yaki)
Shrike x3
Auster Hauler x4
Claymore x4
Shuri x1

At most, I'm looking at repelling Xenon for a solid 2 hours while I wait for the Hub gates to realign. What should I take, what should I ditch, and what should I add in (or add more of)?

Ideas:

-Second Kyoto to transport bombers/resupply
-Some Skirnir for mass destruction (Have a x3 Shadow Missile fab)
-A carrier (not sure of type just yet) loaded with missile laden fighters (Falcon Haulers?)

Self imposed rules (so far)
1. No Laser Towers. At all.
2. Must stay in the sector in question for the duration of the engagement (Either until the invasion/migration ends or until the gates are ready to be realigned)
3. Must keep a tally of personal losses and a rough tally on enemy losses (capital ships mostly)
4. Must pilot M5-M3 during engagement.

insolent1
x3tc

Post by insolent1 » Tue, 20. Nov 12, 15:09

1 M2 is all you need if you are planning to fly it, as the Xenon will be slow and spread out coming through the gate. Make sure to keep +10km between you and the gate at all times.

The Hub sector would be more chaotic as they will have mulitple gates to use so try that instead if you wanna go for fleet action.

SilusCrow
x4

Post by SilusCrow » Wed, 21. Nov 12, 10:51

insolent1 wrote:1 M2 is all you need if you are planning to fly it, as the Xenon will be slow and spread out coming through the gate. Make sure to keep +10km between you and the gate at all times.

The Hub sector would be more chaotic as they will have mulitple gates to use so try that instead if you wanna go for fleet action.
I think I'll go with the Hub after all. It'll be easier to control overall, and I won't really have to worry about waiting on the Xenon to gate in.

I suppose instead of holding out for just two hours, I'll likely need to old out for a good 8 hours. 2 per gate, then the last 2 hours to realign a set of gates out. I'm either gonna need a LOT of ships or a way to resupply missiles and ammo to the ships that will use them.

eldyranx3
xr

Re: (AP) Invaders must die - Xenon Meat Grinder

Post by eldyranx3 » Wed, 21. Nov 12, 10:58

SilusCrow wrote:4. Must pilot M5-M3 during engagement.
Daxus from Ultraviolet (2006): Are you mental?

Why in the world would any commander helm a dingy while battleships are exchanging broadsides. At least fly an M6 and not carry wraiths/typhoons.

SilusCrow
x4

Re: (AP) Invaders must die - Xenon Meat Grinder

Post by SilusCrow » Wed, 21. Nov 12, 18:42

eldyranx3 wrote:
SilusCrow wrote:4. Must pilot M5-M3 during engagement.
Daxus from Ultraviolet (2006): Are you mental?

Why in the world would any commander helm a dingy while battleships are exchanging broadsides. At least fly an M6 and not carry wraiths/typhoons.
I was hoping for more dogfighting action on my part instead of M2s trading blows.

Maaaaaaaaybe I'll pilot a M8 or something.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”