Jobs.txt and the Red enemy pirates

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Iceciro
x3tc

Jobs.txt and the Red enemy pirates

Post by Iceciro » Tue, 20. Nov 12, 22:47

Question: I'm very familiar with the fact that some pirates will spawn as enemies to you even when you have a very high pirates rank.

Actually, I can't even cheat mode the #%#^ into being allied to me.

Is this anything I can actually fix in jobs.txt to make them behave like their normal brethren? I didn't see anywhere (using x3 editor) that actually specifies the difference between 'well behaved pirate' and 'jerk pirate' but maybe I'm missing something. Surely I can't be the first person who's wanted to make pirates behave like the other races so the random reds don't get fired on by my lasertowers and ruin my rep with the other pirates.

I went to jobs because it seems like certain wings of pirates are always red; in my case it's usually Centaurs.

Killjaeden
x3tc

Post by Killjaeden » Tue, 20. Nov 12, 23:12

iirc hardcode spawns red pirates occasionally - not fixable
[ external image ]
X-Tended TC Mod Team Veteran.
Modeller of X3AP Split Acinonyx, Split Drake, Argon Lotan, Teladi Tern. My current work:

Iceciro
x3tc

Post by Iceciro » Tue, 20. Nov 12, 23:16

Killjaeden wrote:iirc hardcode spawns red pirates occasionally - not fixable
...That really wasn't the awnser I was hoping for, but thanks anyways. I guess I'll just have to cheat-mode nuke them or something. That's -very- disappointing.

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Wed, 21. Nov 12, 00:50

I think (but don't quote me) that the red pirates are the three ship patrols periodically spawned by pirate bases and are not controlled by jobs.

You can probably get rid of them by removing all pirate bases from the universe map.

Iceciro
x3tc

Post by Iceciro » Wed, 21. Nov 12, 09:53

I don't suppose in this case that there's a script that does it?

removing them all from the map doesn't help the 'want to be a pirate' thing one bit.

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Wed, 21. Nov 12, 10:11

It should be possible to make a little script, which checks for unfriendly pirate ships once the player has a positive pirate rank and make any red ones friendly. Sould not be a big impact on the performance, if it runs only every 30 seconds or so.

qwizzie
x4

Post by qwizzie » Wed, 21. Nov 12, 10:13

you could try this script (never used it myself but it may help you)

Friendly Pirates : http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=219619

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”