Complexes that Make money - BUT help the local economy

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

BankruptAssasin
xr

Complexes that Make money - BUT help the local economy

Post by BankruptAssasin » Mon, 26. Nov 12, 13:36

I have read loads of posts about certain complexes that make millions an hour, this is all well and good if that's your end game, to make millions & millions of credits and build never ending complexes and not spend any of the money that your complexes are making then that's fine by me, but i prefer to have factories that will supply the Local economy with the resources to build their products.

So my question is, at the "start of the game" (I'm a few hours into the Terran plot) what are the kind of resources that the local stations need?

I know the Area around PTNI really need Nostrop, Family Pride need warheads and another split area needs rastar oil, can you suggest any other complexes that i can build in certain areas that will benefit the NPC and therefore benefit me by having a supply of weapons etc?

I am not looking to exploit the game so no Illegal goods, no Chip Plex (will build one for the plot when i get round to it) no 1mj sheilds, or any other exploited good.

Thanks

johnnywas
x3tc

Post by johnnywas » Mon, 26. Nov 12, 14:52

some areas need Energy cells and other regularly need Ore. The Sectors are quite easy to spot because the factories are empty.

I tend to look for shield factories and satellite factories and supply them because they are sometimes low on stock.

Kirlack
x3tc

Post by Kirlack » Mon, 26. Nov 12, 14:57

BA try looking for the Xadrian complex calculator (TTD has a link to it in his sig still I think). In that you can list all the stations in a sector already, then click one button and the calc will generate a list of all factories that sector needs to make it self sufficient. I believe TTD used to use this to build a base complex in every sector to help the economy along and make plenty of money in the process.

BankruptAssasin
xr

Post by BankruptAssasin » Mon, 26. Nov 12, 15:38

Thanks for the replies, i will def check that out Kirlack, seems very interesting. Doe sit work with modded games or just vanilla? i don't have much mods/scripts added on, the only thing that changes the "game" as such is Cadius ship pack.

Thanks again.

Kirlack
x3tc

Post by Kirlack » Mon, 26. Nov 12, 16:36

As long as your mods don't add new stations or alter existing ones it should work fine mate :)

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Mon, 26. Nov 12, 16:54

Kirlack wrote:BA try looking for the Xadrian complex calculator (TTD has a link to it in his sig still I think). In that you can list all the stations in a sector already, then click one button and the calc will generate a list of all factories that sector needs to make it self sufficient. I believe TTD used to use this to build a base complex in every sector to help the economy along and make plenty of money in the process.
Yes i kept it when I edited recently.Check below

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Mon, 26. Nov 12, 17:55

BankruptAssasin wrote:at the "start of the game" (I'm a few hours into the Terran plot) what are the kind of resources that the local stations need?
In Terran space, Water and Food.

Also, you should purchase weapons from time to time. Unpurchased products lead to GoD removing the factory after a few game days. Normally it is no big deal, but some rare items, for which you cannot purchase factories, are a concern. Terran weapons are the most commonly bemoaned "culprits".

Just buy a few (and sell them again) to keep things moving. There is no need to park ships at the factories (as is commonly recommended).

BankruptAssasin
xr

Post by BankruptAssasin » Mon, 26. Nov 12, 19:42

Ok, so i downloaded xadrian, i have put all the factories in the sector as a new complex, is this right? How do i know which stations should be built to help supply these? Its not under the Production statistics is it?

Thanks

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Mon, 26. Nov 12, 20:17

The way i do it is list all the sector requirements.
Then add the stations that will supply those resourses to the calculator. It then tells you what else you need to make it self sufficient.
From that resulting list,remove the stations that are already in the sector.
make the complex and set up your traders.

BankruptAssasin
xr

Post by BankruptAssasin » Mon, 26. Nov 12, 20:46

Thanks, i have done it my way and your way, now do i look at the surplus section and the ones marked read are the ones i can set up? or do i look at the needed column? i suppose thye pretty much the same thing.

According to this, PCA needs Nostrop, Ore & Ecells, how would you go about this? Since your the trading master :D

StarSword
x3tc

Post by StarSword » Mon, 26. Nov 12, 21:13

The way I'd do it is with a self-sufficient Teladi ecell loop (solar plant, Teladi crystal fabs, sun oil refineries, flower farms, silicon mines) designed to overproduce nostrop, then hook it up to a batch of ore mine L's and add some CAGs of Trader rank or above. The complex will also provide silicon from the excess raw materials for the crystal fabs. Don't know if Profit Center Alpha has enough silicon to make it work though (you didn't mention if it's TC or AP).
TC unless otherwise specified. | Find me on Steam! | My X3TC Links | X and X Rebirth @ TVTropes

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Mon, 26. Nov 12, 21:17

Maybe I should get this as a guide in the stickies :D

1. add to Xadrian all the resources needed at the sector.

2.Then use the calc to see what is needed to make such a complex self sustaining.

3, The production chart will show what minerals are also needed.So add in the mines.

4 recalc.

5.when you are happy that all balances are either equal or greater than requirements ,double checking there is an excess of resources for the sector,remove the stations from the list that are already in the sector.
This will give you two way trade.

6 build the complex.

7. set the secondary and primary resources in the station management system.

Finally set up your traders

Hope this explains it better for you.
Last edited by TTD on Tue, 27. Nov 12, 11:37, edited 1 time in total.

Virtualaughing
x4

Post by Virtualaughing » Tue, 27. Nov 12, 06:58

You need one resource that you can buy from NPC fatories. You may produce stuff which they looking for as resource.
X to X3 is MENU SUPERIOR!
I think Egosoft has already worked out our doom, because Xenon AI will reach the stars! :D

zazie
x4

Post by zazie » Tue, 27. Nov 12, 10:55

Yes, that's important. On long terms imo it is best practice to BE client to the AI-economy AND to sell to the AI-economy.

As an example: You can build a large complex in Black Hole Sun that produces tech-goods, weapons, EC, but relies completely on the Cahoona production in the sector. A CAG (or two) will do the job.

Back in X3R-times at a long time perspective it was important to collect the Heavy weapon-/shield-/tech-overproduction of the AI-stations to keep the universe' economy busy. In X3TC those goods are rarely stocked in one of the fabs; therefore another approach to keep the AI-economy to prosper: player must guarantee a steady flow of resources (Ore, EC, commodities) and buy the overproduction of food and some tech goods.

BankruptAssasin
xr

Post by BankruptAssasin » Tue, 27. Nov 12, 11:25

So you are suggesting that i have a complex that is not closed, but has to buy 1-2 resources from the local economy and that will help keep the local economy going? This sounds accurate to me when thinking about it.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Tue, 27. Nov 12, 11:35

Yes.
That is why I say remove the stations from the list that are already in the sector :D

BankruptAssasin
xr

Post by BankruptAssasin » Tue, 27. Nov 12, 12:20

Thanks TTD, i still haven't gotten around to it, just finsihed the Terran Plot for the first time :D will probably be 2moro before i get bk to it, this is what i have done with xadrian,

Looked at all the resources needed in Profit Center Alpha including the trading station, this helped me build up a list of wares that are needed, such as Nostrop, Ore, Ecells, Crystals, etc, after doing this, i obviously need to set up support factories for my complex such as sunrise flowers & Silicon now you say remove the stations that are already in the sector, i think the only one is the Silicon mine - maybe i have misunderstood what you mean by this, so you suggest i build everything else and leave out the silicon mine?

Sorry if I'm being dumb, i tend to over think the simplicity of things and make it seem harder than it is, plus Xadrian looks very basic (simple layout) and i don't think i using it properly. If you were to do it in PCA, how would you do it? what stations would you set up? An example will probably give me an idea of what you mean and how Xadrian helps.

Very Much appreciated.

tempattt
x3tc

Post by tempattt » Tue, 27. Nov 12, 14:03

Don't forget that you can view local stock exchanges for real-time maps of which goods are in short supply in any particular race region

Virtualaughing
x4

Post by Virtualaughing » Tue, 27. Nov 12, 14:37

zazie wrote:Yes, that's important. On long terms imo it is best practice to BE client to the AI-economy AND to sell to the AI-economy.

As an example: You can build a large complex in Black Hole Sun that produces tech-goods, weapons, EC, but relies completely on the Cahoona production in the sector. A CAG (or two) will do the job.

Back in X3R-times at a long time perspective it was important to collect the Heavy weapon-/shield-/tech-overproduction of the AI-stations to keep the universe' economy busy. In X3TC those goods are rarely stocked in one of the fabs; therefore another approach to keep the AI-economy to prosper: player must guarantee a steady flow of resources (Ore, EC, commodities) and buy the overproduction of food and some tech goods.
I have 2 traders who buy all the gamma PPC, beta Hept and beta FAA. That helpd me to setup all the 150+ Raptors and 100+ Rays. 2-3 / day with my overproducing complexes which has weapons as "end" products.....
X to X3 is MENU SUPERIOR!
I think Egosoft has already worked out our doom, because Xenon AI will reach the stars! :D

zazie
x4

Post by zazie » Tue, 27. Nov 12, 15:07

Sorry, but I don't get your point: Are you talking about X3R (Gamma PPC ...) or about X3AP ? There are no such weapon-variants in X3TC.
And in my post I was not talking about overproduction by the player but by the AI.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”