Albion prelude scripts/mods/ships?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

crusnik

Albion prelude scripts/mods/ships?

Post by crusnik » Tue, 27. Nov 12, 18:59

i have been playing AP for quite some time now and i came across some cool mods, but unfortunatly most of them dont seem to work in AP. in fact mods and scripts are very rare as far as i can see, custom ships non-existent :(
they work in TC but not AP, so now the problem is i've played AP for too long to just leave it all and start anew just to fly normandy or higgaran battlecruisers.
i looked over dozens of forums, instructions, scripts, tried some myself, im no expert, thus failed and got tired of all this search and try if it works and tweak and try again until you head explodes thing. :evil:

pretty please, can someone, direct me to mods that WORK on AP, or perhaps tell me how to stuff normandy in AP (any ship at all)

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 27. Nov 12, 20:53

almost all scripts, and most custom ships should infact work in AP

crusnik

Post by crusnik » Tue, 27. Nov 12, 21:43

should have... im using plugin manager. i have two mods, normandy and hw2 and they only work in TC. both based on .dat and .cat files. got them in tc and ap folders, mod selection checks out on start up. but in AP there is no sign of any of these ships (using script to spawn them). im not sure what am i doing wrong

seen somewhere that ap uses some folder from tc but not all, so it seem putting ship in ap seems a bit more complex than it seems...

can you explain what should i do to bring those ships in?

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Wed, 28. Nov 12, 01:23

The mods need extracting, and then the files re-added using the correct paths.
Most things have to have addon added to the path. Several files have changed folders.
The models still are path-ed to the TC folders.

TC mods wont work as they are in AP, without being changed.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 28. Nov 12, 16:16

Ships in Mods (.cat/dat files) and Custom ships (in xsp files) work differently

the first wont work in a different game without making changes. The 2nd should work fine in both games.

For the ship mods, your options would be
1. Make the changes yourself to get the mod working in AP
2. Using the Creator from the plugin manager to extract the ship to a XSP file and install that
3. Find an already made XSP of the ships you want (pretty sure the normandy exists)

Spectre84
x3tc

Post by Spectre84 » Thu, 29. Nov 12, 00:09

If you want to install loads of ships ships into AP the easiest way to do it is downloading the XSP files and use cycrows plugin manager to install them, you can also mod them as well by simply right clicking on the file and editing it if you have plugin manager installed so you can make extremely overpowered beasties with 14GJ of shields that can mount any weapon you want, but beware the enemy get them as well :) by ticking the appropriate boxes. That's what I did. I have the enterprise E, Romulan and Klingon battle cruisers, Drakh fighters, Apophis flagships, Tie fighters, Shadow Battlecrabs, the liberator (hehe) and even Atlantis City floating around; about 60 ships altogether although some don't work as player ships and some have screwed up weapons but most work ok. If you want to just install lore friendly ships you can. Here is the link to XSP ship downloads.

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=274276

Then all you need to do is install them with plugin manager. I also had to manually convert the XSP's to zip and then manually extract the dds and objects folders to the addon folder in X3 terran conflict to see them as they were invisible in my game if I didn't do this.

NOTE: doing it this way is incompatible with most rebalance mods as they alter tships and plugin manager merges your ships into tships (and some other files) on the fly and installs them every time you start up the game thus overwiting other mods.

Cycrow: probably not for this thread but as you replied.........A suggestion for future versions of plug in manager - A folder in plugin manager install folder to put in modified tfiles etc. for plugin manager to use for merging rather than the default files so you could use a mods files if needed and make them compatible if that is at all possible.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 29. Nov 12, 12:12

Spectre, if you have modified tfiles, simply add them into a fake patch in the game directory, or put them in the mods directory and make sure the mod is selected in the startup screen, and the plugin manager should merge the ships into your edited files

Spectre84
x3tc

Post by Spectre84 » Thu, 29. Nov 12, 14:13

Thanks Cycrow I didn't realise it did that doh!

crusnik

Post by crusnik » Thu, 29. Nov 12, 15:19

awsome! tnx guys! cycrow, your site is somehow "kook-blocked" by my antivirus, how come?

ps> i disabled my AV (i hope my pc wont get raped), and i must say there are some very impressive scripts you got there :D nice work!

MasterZhao

Post by MasterZhao » Wed, 19. Dec 12, 19:30

I would like to know the steps (step by step) on how to create customs ships and install them in either TC or AP

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”