X3:AP Problem with wasp missiles - no collission detect - flying whrough enemies

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

IRGhost
x4

X3:AP Problem with wasp missiles - no collission detect - flying whrough enemies

Post by IRGhost » Tue, 27. Nov 12, 20:34

i played the game with no problems yesterday after this update some missiles just fly through the enemies (easily to see when fighting larger ships)

both game caches verified with no additional downloads / errors

This is X3:AP + Bonus pack

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 27. Nov 12, 21:33

Do not save and reload or use SETA while missiles are in flight or they may do what you are seeing after that. Also do not spam too many warheads in flight at the same time as you divide the available guidance and collision detection processing time amongst all of them. What are your in-combat fps like?
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

IRGhost
x4

Post by IRGhost » Wed, 28. Nov 12, 19:43

about 120 fps at the begining

with 10 wasps ~ 90

with 20 wasps ~ 70

with 50 wasps ~ 60

the reason i noticed this is because now i hear a lot of "missile self-destructed". and i'm 100% sure there was nothing before. So either all of the missiles hit before the patch or no sound was played. The most important thing is that the enemy consentrates fire on the missiles and not me ;-)

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 28. Nov 12, 21:51

That makes sense of your problem given that each Wasp is 8 different warheads to be guided and processed by the same cpu core (alongside everything else in the game).

IRGhost
x4

Post by IRGhost » Fri, 30. Nov 12, 14:48

Yes, but i still think it's strange that i didn't hear any "self-destruct" sounds before the patch. I can't do a roll-back so it's impossible to recreate the issue

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 30. Nov 12, 16:25

I know what you mean. It happens with Flails too and even before the patch. It is just coincidence with the patch release that you started noticing it more as your game developed and the cpu core has more to do. The fps hit on using missiles shows the strain the cpu is already under from the rest of the game.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”