[x3r] Docking Denied at Terracorp Headquarters

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

DreamingVoid

[x3r] Docking Denied at Terracorp Headquarters

Post by DreamingVoid » Fri, 30. Nov 12, 10:39

My docking privileges to Terracorp headquarters have been denied for all my ships even though my Argon rep is Federation Guardian. Not sure how this happened, maybe my turrets shot at a ship or station in Xenon battle.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Atkara
x3tc

Post by Atkara » Fri, 30. Nov 12, 11:39

I assume the station turned hostile after getting hit with a good deal of stray shots. Anyways, nothing that can't be fixed.

Every now and then, Pirate NPCs offer station hacking services, which is exactly what you need, to fix Terracorp HQ's mood. You'll find them onboard pirate stations & stations in pirate owned sectors.

Kirlack
x3tc

Post by Kirlack » Fri, 30. Nov 12, 12:05

Atkara wrote:I assume the station turned hostile after getting hit with a good deal of stray shots. Anyways, nothing that can't be fixed.

Every now and then, Pirate NPCs offer station hacking services, which is exactly what you need, to fix Terracorp HQ's mood. You'll find them onboard pirate stations & stations in pirate owned sectors.
Not in Reunion he won't ;) That feature was introduced in TC. It's been a long time since I last played Reunion, but if the station is hostile to you now I suspect you'll be stuck :o

Atkara
x3tc

Post by Atkara » Fri, 30. Nov 12, 12:11

Kirlack wrote:Not in Reunion he won't ;) That feature was introduced in TC. It's been a long time since I last played Reunion, but if the station is hostile to you now I suspect you'll be stuck :o
Indeed, I didn't even see the X3R tag :p

But, unless my memory became that bad lately, I do recall looking at hacking services in both X3R and X2-The Threat, in pirate stations Bulletin Boards (BBS).

DreamingVoid

Post by DreamingVoid » Fri, 30. Nov 12, 20:27

Atkara wrote:
Kirlack wrote:Not in Reunion he won't ;) That feature was introduced in TC. It's been a long time since I last played Reunion, but if the station is hostile to you now I suspect you'll be stuck :o
Indeed, I didn't even see the X3R tag :p

But, unless my memory became that bad lately, I do recall looking at hacking services in both X3R and X2-The Threat, in pirate stations Bulletin Boards (BBS).
This would be great, only problem is I am doing the story mission Pirates are quite hostile to me. I will try checking the pirate BBS though and see if I can figure it out.

I tried going into the Script Editor as well but couldn't find a function that seemed to work for this

Geek
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Geek » Fri, 30. Nov 12, 20:58

Indeed, station hacking can be offered in X3R, but only at (close) pirate bases.
Note that you can always dock at those even if pirates hate you (as long you do not shoot the base).
Right on commander !

DreamingVoid

Post by DreamingVoid » Fri, 30. Nov 12, 22:34

Geek wrote:Indeed, station hacking can be offered in X3R, but only at (close) pirate bases.
Note that you can always dock at those even if pirates hate you (as long you do not shoot the base).
Ah okay thanks :).

The nearest pirate base to Home of Light in my game is in Brennan's Triumph, I hope that is not too far away. Do I need to download a mod script to enable this?

Geek
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Geek » Sat, 1. Dec 12, 00:29

Was the PB in Ore Belt destroyed ? It is much closer.
It is a vanilla feature, otherwise we would have told you.
Right on commander !

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Sat, 1. Dec 12, 02:25

DreamingVoid wrote:
Geek wrote:Indeed, station hacking can be offered in X3R, but only at (close) pirate bases.
Ah okay thanks :).

The nearest pirate base to Home of Light in my game is in Brennan's Triumph, I hope that is not too far away. Do I need to download a mod script to enable this?
Nope. It's part of the game. Just check the BBS and hope you get lucky. Those 'missions' are rare. Also, if you can't find a close enough pirate base, the accepted technique is to blow one up until it respawns in a nearby sector. Pirate bases respawn in random sectors. :fg:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

DreamingVoid

Post by DreamingVoid » Sat, 1. Dec 12, 06:31

Thank you guys for the info. I can't believe I totally missed this series for years until now being such a big sci-fi fan. I already have X3TC as well and after I play Reunion a few months Ill move to TC. Also nice playing with a 2012 computer after reading how this game strained the comps back when it was released.
Geek wrote:Was the PB in Ore Belt destroyed ? It is much closer.
It is a vanilla feature, otherwise we would have told you.
Yup, somehow the Argon took out that PB completely. I checked there first and was surprised it was gone since I last visited the sector.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”