Will my AI ships be smart with their missiles?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Ender_Xenocide
x3ap

Will my AI ships be smart with their missiles?

Post by Ender_Xenocide » Sat, 1. Dec 12, 17:08

Hi all. I hope this is the right place for this thread, as it's my first time posting a new topic here. :D

Question: Will my ships (the ones I'm NOT piloting) fire the right missiles at the right targets? I plan to have a fleet of 30 Centaurs each of which automatically resupplies with around 150 Wasp Missiles and around 30 Hornets. Will they be smart enough to only fire the Wasps at fighter-ish units and only fire Hornets at M6 and upwards?

Thanks.
When Carl Marx said "Religion is the opiate of the masses.", he hadn't seen television.

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Sat, 1. Dec 12, 17:14

Not in TC. There they just sort of spam the strongest missile.

AP might be different.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Ender_Xenocide
x3ap

Post by Ender_Xenocide » Sat, 1. Dec 12, 17:16

Rats! :shock:

Ah, well. Thanks for the quick reply, anyway. I guess them fighters will just have to get hornets spammed down their throats as well. :D
When Carl Marx said "Religion is the opiate of the masses.", he hadn't seen television.

StarSword
x3tc

Post by StarSword » Sat, 1. Dec 12, 23:54

If you're willing to go modified, I'm sure the modders came up with a solution.
TC unless otherwise specified. | Find me on Steam! | My X3TC Links | X and X Rebirth @ TVTropes

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sun, 2. Dec 12, 08:11

Triaxx2 wrote:Not in TC. There they just sort of spam the strongest missile.
Actually, they spam whatever missile you left them selected with, not the strongest one--so you could switch them to fire Wasps, but they'd then ONLY fire Wasps.

Ender_Xenocide
x3ap

Post by Ender_Xenocide » Sun, 2. Dec 12, 10:52

Thanks for the info. I'm thinking now that I'll just mas hornet missiles, then, as I only plan on upping their fire probability in emergencies/really tough battles, and capships are more likely to be the problem there, anyway.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”