Space Suit Survival Kit (with Ejector Seat) [TC][AP]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 18. Jun 13, 20:56

Just noticed this script in your list (eyes wide open for a change :mrgreen: ) and it sounds like a great script for a DiD player. I do have a question, though. What happens when you capture and board an Aran? Those are invariably very low in hull %. It appears you couldn't dock at one and then jump back to normal space if you keep getting ejected. :gruebel:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Tue, 18. Jun 13, 21:11

Nanook wrote:What happens when you capture and board an Aran? Those are invariably very low in hull %. It appears you couldn't dock at one and then jump back to normal space if you keep getting ejected.
Mount a shield on the Aran (any shield), then wait until the shield charges to full before you try to pilot it. The Ejector Seat is disabled when shields are at full strength.

Also, you have marines with you, right? You could let them repair the Aran before you try to pilot it (although that could take some time for an Aran).

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 18. Jun 13, 23:40

Thanks, didn't realize that about the shields. As for repairing with marines, I do use the Marine Repair script, but most of my Arans have been captured in hostile territory. Even 20 maxed marines can't repair fast enough when a Kha'ak corvette and buddies start attacking. I usually have to get out of Dodge fast. :lol:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Tue, 18. Jun 13, 23:45

Nice. :)

The shield trick is probably the best bet with the current version.

If there is a need for it, then I could add a hotkey that temporarily disables the ejector seat for a few minutes (or until changing ships, perhaps).

Black_hole_suN

Post by Black_hole_suN » Fri, 18. Apr 14, 05:13

How about adding a one or two PAC or IRE to the space suit??

this is really useful for players that died very early in the game because they got careless or through missile spam..

Player ship exploded? no problem!! just hunt a boron dolphin!! scare its pilots into bailing WITH A SPACESUIT!!

No credits?? no problem!! take assassination missions!! Destroy your targets WITH A SPACESUIT!!

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Fri, 18. Apr 14, 06:10

Heh.... I did actually try that during my testing. If you add one or more weapons, then the spacesuit can shoot, but it still has a very thin "hull". Of course, you can change that, too. It is possible to make the spacesuit as strong as an M5 (or stronger).

I *did* include Mineral and Freight Scanners, so that you can accept "scan asteroid" or "scan cargo" missions to earn credits. Just keep an eye on your O2, and remember to dock at a station when it gets low.

Black_hole_suN

Post by Black_hole_suN » Fri, 18. Apr 14, 07:09

Imagine the face of that Boron captain after you one-shot his glorious Thresher with 12 charged PSP comming out of your SPACE SUIT!!

or, the face of the Teladi after you accept his Quick Ride mission then docking to him in your space suit with life support system.. LOLOLOL!!!

DAMMIT!! crazy ideas keep popping on my head!! I have to mod this myself or else I wont be able to sleep...

ps. for some reason "Advance Space Suit" is considered an M5 in AP.. *more crazy ideas*

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Fri, 18. Apr 14, 07:15

I think you will enjoy X3 Editor 2.

Set the profile correctly, then "Open from VFS" types\TShips. Find the Argon Space Suit, and have fun. :)

Oh, you might have to change the Repair Laser to PAC or whatever in the script, as well. That is easy, too: FAQ: Activate the Script Editor

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”