Personal economy begins to decline [Solved]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Rez
x3tc

Personal economy begins to decline [Solved]

Post by Rez » Tue, 4. Dec 12, 16:01

Hey all,

I'm posting here since I'm not using a vanilla version of the game.

I've run into a problem across multiple playthoughs where my personal economy reaches its peak and then begins to decline (most recently around 150 hours in-game), looking very similar to a bell curve. I'm not sure if it's due to a particular mod or something I am doing/not doing, so I was curious if anyone else had a similar experience.

Some basic facts about my gameplay:

-MODS that could possibly be in play with this issue: XRM, STO, PhanonCorp, FDN, Cycrow's Equipment Research, just about every Lucike Script, and the Cheat Script.

-Primary income is from 20-30 UTs. I lowered the number of UTs in my second playthrough to see if the issue was me flooding the market and/or excessive wage payments, but this did not prevent my personal economy crash. I am on good terms with everyone except the Argon.

-Secondary income is from CAGs who sell excess goods from my trading posts, which in turn receive their supply from my Orbital HQ via FDN. I have a self-sustaining network of factories that produce everything from energy to missiles and do not require outside resources. All internal transfers are via FDN.

-War fleet is still pretty small, and only consists of 2 M7s and 12 M6s with crews of Captain/Mach/Nav/Helm. I also have one TL similarly crewed.

-I also noticed around this time that my standing with some factions would plummet at random. For example, I'd go from a (5) standing with the Boron or a (7) standing with the Split to (-1) within a few minutes. All my ships were globally commanded to see both of these factions as friendly. I get that accidents happen and their police might catch my UTs up to no good, but to me that didn't explain such a sudden drop on faction standing.

The issue is always similar. My economy doesn't plummet, but slowly reaches its apex and then begins a decline, sometimes steady and sometimes dramatic but always looking like a bell curve.

Before the decline, a normal SETA of 5x will net me several million over the course of an hour. Then it flatlines, and before too long I'm losing millions of credits per SETA run.

I thought it might be Phanon contributing to a market flood, but their recent message indicated only 9 freelance traders, so I'm really at a loss. When I watch my credits during a SETA run there are a ton of deductions over a short period of time. I know UTs take a cut of profit as well as 30K an hour, but what I'm seeing seems excessive.

Anyone else experience something like this or should I just try to wipe everything and start with a clean slate? Loved the game and the community for years now so I'm willing, but I'd like to avoid this happening again the next time!

Thanks in advance.

-Rez
Last edited by Rez on Wed, 5. Dec 12, 02:27, edited 1 time in total.

Hardscript
x3tc

Post by Hardscript » Tue, 4. Dec 12, 17:20

I don't know why your economy is declining but I would suggest going down a different route for money. At 150 hours in my game I am now worth 6 billion and 1100 stations that bring in 70 mil per hour with no player owned traders or cags helping them.

Personally I try and play my games with as few ships as possible as the more you have the more micro managing you need to do and they cost money to run and can be destroyed.

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Tue, 4. Dec 12, 18:27

My guess is ecells shortage. Check the market situation and if I'm right then place some ssps.

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

BMEdwards37

Post by BMEdwards37 » Tue, 4. Dec 12, 21:31

Hardscript wrote: At 150 hours in my game I am now worth 6 billion and 1100 stations that bring in 70 mil per hour with no player owned traders or cags helping them.
How does one begin down this glorious path? :o

Jumee
x3tc

Post by Jumee » Tue, 4. Dec 12, 21:39

BMEdwards37 wrote:How does one begin down this glorious path? :o
simple all one has to do is build an incredible amount of 1mj shield, microchips and weed and booze complexes :)
"If any idiot ever tells you that life would be meaningless without death, Hyperion recommends killing them"

lets pretend november 15 never happened

dougeye
x3tc

Post by dougeye » Tue, 4. Dec 12, 22:52

so your a tech savy stoner with a personal energy sheild? lol

Back to the OP's question, yes as above look for resource shortages

2 - I also find UT's become less useful unless you keep adding to the econoy with new resources and products through your own stations.

3 - Phanon corp may be to balme as the mod is designed to compete with the player finacially, they will basicly try and steal all your business. Go wipe them out and see what happens lol
I used to list PC parts here, but "the best" will suffice!

Rez
x3tc

Post by Rez » Wed, 5. Dec 12, 02:26

After some sleuthing today, I finally solved the issue.

Watching my UTs closely led me to realize that a few of them were sitting at my Equipment Dock continuously trying to sell Massom Powder. This is odd because my Equipment Dock does not currently stock or need Massom Powder for any reason.

I ordered them out of the sector and rebooted UT which temporarily resolved the issue, but sure enough a few others came back several minutes later. Using the blacklist sector option solved the problem.

So the massive drop in credits was due to a bug, either with a money sink at my Equipment Dock (not recognizing any money income for the UT but draining my account) or the UTs charging me salary wages for a completed trade every 2-3 seconds at the Equipment Dock.

Possibly related to XRM and the Equipment Dock Research mods; I had to cheat in a 15000 ED (I believe XRM uses 15001) because the ones you could build in XRM do not recognize the ED Research mod or vice-versa.

Tested this out in SETA after the fix, and sure enough my income was going back up.

Thanks everyone for the help.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Wed, 5. Dec 12, 03:55

Are you using Improved Mk3's? If not, then you should check it out. Gnasirator fixed a lot of bugs in the UT scripts.

TouchMyNipple
x4

Post by TouchMyNipple » Wed, 5. Dec 12, 13:01

Also could suggest Trade Overview. Helps to see if traders are doing wrong and what are they doing wrong. Also helps a lot to spot resource shortages.
Haste-whip TrixX!

Hardscript
x3tc

Post by Hardscript » Thu, 6. Dec 12, 09:16

You begin down the path by starting small with only a few space fuel or weed stations, around 4-5 and 4-5 of their resource, so all you need to do is give them e cells. Then use their profit to expand on that complex and continue to do that until you saturate that market.

25 mil Space fuel complex day 1

50 mil space fuel complex day 2.

100 mil space fuel complex day 3.

200 mill space fuel complex day 4.

Day 5 you invest in a 2nd complex like 1 mg shields or chips and rinse and repeat.

then by day 6-9 you will around around 3 complexes producing 15mil+ per hour each.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”