Mobile Mining + Trade Questions/Help [X3AP]

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Crape101
x3tc

Mobile Mining + Trade Questions/Help [X3AP]

Post by Crape101 » Sat, 8. Dec 12, 20:12

Hi,

Just got 3 tankers fully equipped for some "Mine n' Trade Minerals" because I can't think of where to build a factory, as my Space Fuel L Fac. just got blown up by an angry Argon Cerberus in Elena's Fortune. I tried to tractor beam the station into the Cerbeus but failed.

Anyway, back to the point. I have 3 tankers ready to mine and my entire "fleet" (1 M6, Centaur - 6 M3, 3 defca. , 1 Perseus , 1 Nova - 1 M5, Discoverer) to protect them, should it be required. However, I cannot find a sector to set them up in :( . I have tried the Unkown Sector east of Legend's Home, Farnham's Legend and Home of Light (This works but I'm looking for a more interesting location).

I would keep trying different sectors but it takes too long to move my mining assets around, and would instead prefer if someone could give me the name of a good sector :) .I had Savage Spur in mind but wanted to ask about it first.

Secondly, any ideas for a station? I have 1 Delexian Wheat Farm M in The Wall. I'd like to set up another single station - so no complexes - but have a multitude of options, being a 1MJ Shield Fab in Argon Prime, IRE Fab in Argon Prime, Teladinium Foundry in Dukes Domain or a Bliss Place in Blue Profit. Does one/some of these options seem like a good investment? Other ideas would be helpful too 8) .

I have a budget of 20 million credits.

Thanks,
print"Hello World!" -- My best script

Aragosnat
x4

Post by Aragosnat » Sat, 8. Dec 12, 21:02

Well. For all its worth. IRE and 1MJ fuel sell like hot cakes and always seem to run out for some people. But, my qustion is are you using CAGs and or letting NPCs buy / sell your wares?

Bliss Place will sell well to just remembe to lower the price below average and let NPCs hual it.

Teladinium might be come hard press to sell as secondary reasorces take a long time to be chewed down by the factories, unless you have been blowing away the NPC's Teladianium factories. But, since you have such a small force. You're not likely to be doing that any time soon.
Chain Maille Armor
Profitzz
May this spacefly bother you.
[ external image ]
TC: 32+ Squidie (Steam DiD) deaths and counting since around June 18, 2012.

bizbag
x3tc

Post by bizbag » Sat, 8. Dec 12, 22:00

You can't go wrong with IREs and
1MJs. If they're up and running, build a second and make it a complex. The Argon Prime area will continuously eat the output of at least 5 IRE fabs, maybe more.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”