build missions in albion sectors

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

frighowler

build missions in albion sectors

Post by frighowler » Sun, 9. Dec 12, 18:22

has anyone else been having trouble with station building?

i've had three attempts to build stations in the albion sectors (different missions and different station types) the beacons are 60-70km out (I assume it's because of the asteroids). i've centred the station on them, droped it and the missions don't end.

i'm also wondering is it just these sectors. thanks in advance for any imput.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 9. Dec 12, 19:01

A well known issue in busy and cluttered sectors (typically the Albion ones). When you accept the mission in such a sector and before you go into the target sector yourself (ie stay OOS) you should send a remote ship of yours there (or use satellites) and note the xyz coordinates of the new beacon. You can send the TL in first and use that.

As soon as you personally go IS there (as you must to build), the collision detection kicks in and the beacon can get moved a long way from its original position. The beacon is now irrelevant as the mission wants the station built near the coords of the beacon before its move.

Be careful if you accept multiple build missions in the same sector where this may happen as you need to know which set of beacon coords refers to which station.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

frighowler

Post by frighowler » Sun, 9. Dec 12, 19:11

thanks, your a gentleman.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”