New Asteroids Wanted for Old

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Moonrat
x4

New Asteroids Wanted for Old

Post by Moonrat » Tue, 11. Dec 12, 21:23

Is there anyone out there with some decent asteroid models they'd like to see in the game (via IEX)...?

Code: Select all

if [ $answer = "yes" ]
then
   PM_me
fi

if [ $answer = "no"  ]
then
  echo "boo hoo"
  wait 5 # and sob quietly
  echo "Anyone good at modeling and care to send a few hurtling my way...?"
fi
[ external image ]
IEX Download Statistics - LUVi / XRMi ( 3115 / 5415 )
X4 Crexit 324 ; X4 Encounters 3193 (STEAM Unique/Current 6341/3412)

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Wed, 12. Dec 12, 12:13

If you don't get any models any time soon. I am thinking about making some to go with my new mod/script pack which you would be able to use :)

Moonrat
x4

Post by Moonrat » Wed, 12. Dec 12, 18:33

killerog wrote:If you don't get any models any time soon. I am thinking about making some to go with my new mod/script pack which you would be able to use :)
That'd be great, when you have something let me know. Thanks. :)
[ external image ]

Moonrat
x4

Post by Moonrat » Sun, 16. Dec 12, 23:45

Does anyone know how to get an asteroid body placed in-game via a cut scene but still function like a nomal asteroid? I'd like to see if I can get some of them rotating... :roll:
[ external image ]

Mechanis

Post by Mechanis » Thu, 7. Feb 13, 02:55

all those roids should have scene files somewhere...
if they do, just animate the things via scene file. if not-
try making a scene file to replace the old body files?
A tinker
And maker of models

Jack08
x3tc

Post by Jack08 » Thu, 7. Feb 13, 02:59

Asteroid are one of only a few objects that don't use a scene file. When an asteroid is spawned in game its just a body mesh, you cant replace the body with a scene the game rejects it. The only time an asteroid is a scene is when you destroy it/is transitioning.
[ external image ]
"One sure mark of a fool is to dismiss anything that falls outside his experience as being impossible."
―Farengar Secret-Fire

Moonrat
x4

Post by Moonrat » Thu, 7. Feb 13, 08:25

Jack08 wrote:Asteroid are one of only a few objects that don't use a scene file. When an asteroid is spawned in game its just a body mesh, you cant replace the body with a scene the game rejects it. The only time an asteroid is a scene is when you destroy it/is transitioning.
Thanks, I had a nasty feeling that this was the case. When it's transitioning are collisions still possible? ie. You destroy an asteroid, it breaks apart, chunks fly off into space and during the scene file collide with nearby ships... and cause damage. Obviously after the scene file's finished doing its stuff, presumably they're then just like any other object (file).
[ external image ]

Jack08
x3tc

Post by Jack08 » Thu, 7. Feb 13, 09:44

Moonrat wrote:
Jack08 wrote:Asteroid are one of only a few objects that don't use a scene file. When an asteroid is spawned in game its just a body mesh, you cant replace the body with a scene the game rejects it. The only time an asteroid is a scene is when you destroy it/is transitioning.
Thanks, I had a nasty feeling that this was the case. When it's transitioning are collisions still possible? ie. You destroy an asteroid, it breaks apart, chunks fly off into space and during the scene file collide with nearby ships... and cause damage. Obviously after the scene file's finished doing its stuff, presumably they're then just like any other object (file).
Collisions, targeting, pretty much all intractability are disabled during the transitional phase, and will only re-enable when the *playership* is out of the transitional area - Im not totally sure about how it behaves around NPC or PlayerAI Ships as i once watched a NPC ship follow me though and asteroid field as i was blowing things up, and he got killed by the fragments when i was able to pass right through - Fluke? Timing? Random Change? ... Or does it just keep the player safe?
[ external image ]
"One sure mark of a fool is to dismiss anything that falls outside his experience as being impossible."
―Farengar Secret-Fire

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”