Your favourite capital ship X3 albion prelude ?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

JayStar

Your favourite capital ship X3 albion prelude ?

Post by JayStar » Thu, 13. Dec 12, 09:49

Hi Guys

Im just intrested to see what capital ships you guys use. i know there no such thing as the "best" each ship is something to someone..

your views ? :D :P :D

bizbag
x3tc

Post by bizbag » Thu, 13. Dec 12, 09:53

When I need an all-purpose capital ship to deal with a problem, I call two ships: the Titan and the Tiger.

The Tiger's for if I need to pilot it myself and shoot up some Qs, and the Titan's for all-purpose mayhem. I've just found that its small size and good all-around stats and weaponry suit me just fine; no glaring disadvantages like the Ray's huge size or Python's lack of flak.

I'm sure there are great arguments for what makes some other ships "better" and I've offered those arguments myself, but they're the ones I use in a pinch.

saco3
x4

Post by saco3 » Thu, 13. Dec 12, 11:56

For me so far its the Kyoto. When used right it can be a monster cutting through an entire Xeon sector like butter, also the fact that it can carry 6 ships including TS is a big factor for me. :)

thyco
x4

Post by thyco » Thu, 13. Dec 12, 14:33

Havent used any in ap, but in TC i just couldnt go past the tuning fork of earthly justice (aka the Osaka). Ive also used a boreas twice (first and last time lol) but theres no way im flying a giant sex toy.

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Thu, 13. Dec 12, 16:49

Megalodon, eats Qs for breakfast, can pack flails and can dock a handful of fighters :D

Jumee
x3tc

Post by Jumee » Thu, 13. Dec 12, 17:52

thyco wrote:but theres no way im flying a giant sex toy.
goes to check the pic of boreas again - O_o What. The. F@*k! :lol:

my favourite is a Split Python (I know that Megalodon and Kyoto and Xenon I are much better but I really like Python - especially the fact that it does not have flack and uses ISR's for anti-fighter and missile defense - which a) looks nice b) forces you to deploy fighter support in the biggest battles - and I really like carrier based operations)
"If any idiot ever tells you that life would be meaningless without death, Hyperion recommends killing them"

lets pretend november 15 never happened

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Thu, 13. Dec 12, 18:38

ISR aren't that bad in an anti-fighter role.
They considerably outrange Flak, which is especially nice for missile defense, and the Python has the generators to feed these power-hungry buggers.

But it's intentional that the Python isn't a best-at-everything ship. One Boreas is enough. =P
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

ConCorDian
x3tc

Post by ConCorDian » Thu, 13. Dec 12, 18:44

my favorite cap ship is the Megalodon. its big and powerful, handful of fighters which for me is brilliant. but i have to admit the close second for me is the Cerberus, not only do i like the look of it (keeps me in mind of a Bab5 Omega Destroyer) but its Flak abilities are unrivaled, having a 10 ship fighter wing, its a great ship even though its not a big M2.
find me on Steam
check out Roguey's Wiki - still under development

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Fri, 14. Dec 12, 00:31

My favorite player ship is the Deimos. It is the best-balanced M7 for pirating, and it has heavy shields so that it can take on any single ship (including M2's).

With a wing of Falcon Haulers, it has a lot of firepower, *and* they are also great for mining Nividium in Undefined Space.

ISR's are the best heavy pirate gun in the game. They strip even the heaviest of shields quickly, while preserving heavy hulls. They do just enough hull damage to double as a good anti-fighter gun.

I usually have a mix of ISR, PBE, and IBL (or CIG) in my main guns, then use weapon groups to choose the right gun(s) for the job.

Graaf
x3tc

Post by Graaf » Fri, 14. Dec 12, 13:08

I made the most capital in my Angel.

-XeNoN-
x4

Post by -XeNoN- » Fri, 14. Dec 12, 14:11

Starter M2 before capping (depends on notoriety)

Vanilla AP:

Boreas or
Megalodon

Aftermath Xenon I :P

M7's:

Agamemnon or Deimos
Tiger or Panther
Cobra

AP with Xtra Shippack:

M2:

Argon : Daedalus
or