Terran Missiles

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

johnnywas
x3tc

Terran Missiles

Post by johnnywas » Thu, 13. Dec 12, 19:59

I seem to have a Q in Black Hole Sun so to start Final Fury I need some firepower

the biggest missiles I have is a Spectre. What other Terran weapons might work and where can I get them

I might unload lots of fighter drones - would that work ?

I can't find an ATF shipyard. I've done the Terran plot so should I be able to buy ATF ships. Do they come with arnaments ?

Nazardo
x3tc

Post by Nazardo » Thu, 13. Dec 12, 20:37

Spoiler
Show
The Vidar you have already got for free from the Terran Plot - with full MAML - should be able to kill a Q.
Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our means, but by what we seek to accomplish.
Screenshots

Aragosnat
x4

Post by Aragosnat » Thu, 13. Dec 12, 22:26

Nazardo wrote:
Spoiler
Show
The Vidar you have already got for free from the Terran Plot - with full MAML - should be able to kill a Q.
That or any missile other then poltergist would do fine. Problem with Ghoul Missiles is you're totally dependent on the Terrans for them as they are the only ones that can build those stations unless you get lucky and cap a ship transporting one. Otherwise once it is gone. It can be gone for good.
Chain Maille Armor
Profitzz
May this spacefly bother you.
[ external image ]
TC: 32+ Squidie (Steam DiD) deaths and counting since around June 18, 2012.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Fri, 14. Dec 12, 00:22

Yes, 50 to 100 fighter drones will kill anything.

Spectres are strong enough to kill a Q, although you may need many of them.

As said above, M/AML's will do it, as well.

soulmata
x4

Post by soulmata » Fri, 14. Dec 12, 00:33

A Katana with full M/AML will obliterate a Q, the Vidar will do it even faster. The M/AML also has enough range to give you plenty of room to strafe oncoming fire and keep your distance from the Q (which will probably try to ram you if you get too close)

The Wraith missile (which both Katana and Vidar can equip) is even faster(at least in TC it is, in AP it was nerfed). I don't like using the Spectre missile because it uses up so much cargo space. If you can find a Wraith fab still working in Terran space, you can park a few ships at it and make them do manual trade runs to keep it supplied and take any Wraiths it creates.

johnnywas
x3tc

Post by johnnywas » Fri, 14. Dec 12, 16:40

thanks guys.

spectres seemed to be the most effective missile. i fired about 6 of them and that reduced the shields to zero. although I would have needed more to finish the job

fortunately an Argon Titan appeared and I milled around the biggest craft. the argon made very quick work of the Q

Morkonan
x3tc

Re: Terran Missiles

Post by Morkonan » Fri, 14. Dec 12, 22:06

johnnywas wrote:I seem to have a Q in Black Hole Sun so to start Final Fury I need some firepower..
The other offerings in this thread are enough to easily down that Q.

However, if you want a "One-Button Solution" then I suggest a Claymore armed with Phantom missiles. One barrage fired from the Claymore will do the job. It's a beautiful thing...

johnnywas
x3tc

Post by johnnywas » Mon, 17. Dec 12, 22:40

phantom missiles have been absent since day one. I do need a supply. is there anything I can do.

bizbag
x3tc

Post by bizbag » Mon, 17. Dec 12, 23:38

Terran ships aren't meeting your needs right now, so use a Commonwealth ship instead. This link has a table for comparing them. Take your pick which one you prefer; they all use the Tomahawk missile.

Aragosnat
x4

Post by Aragosnat » Tue, 18. Dec 12, 06:04

johnnywas wrote:phantom missiles have been absent since day one. I do need a supply. is there anything I can do.
Complete the last plot available for the game, "Balance of Power" and then you can build the factory. But, in the mean time. It maybe (I do stress maybe) possable to trick GoD into building one. If you have any missiles preferably more then one. You could always try selling then buying back the missiles to having sector traders moving their goods around Just make sure you have plenty of max tuned Kestrals with explorer command on them.
Chain Maille Armor
Profitzz
May this spacefly bother you.
[ external image ]
TC: 32+ Squidie (Steam DiD) deaths and counting since around June 18, 2012.

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Tue, 18. Dec 12, 11:04

johnnywas wrote:phantom missiles have been absent since day one. I do need a supply. is there anything I can do.
Revitalize the Terran economy. I did that and the GoD Engine respawned my Phantom fabs.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”