[MOD/SCR]SBMod Mining [V0.01 03/01][Beta]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

killerog
x4

[MOD/SCR]SBMod Mining [V0.01 03/01][Beta]

Post by killerog » Sat, 15. Dec 12, 02:19

The plan for this script/mod package is to add a new way of mining in the game. It was planned for my KOG and BSG mods but since they are on hold I thought ill do a small mod while I am bored. Its one part of a big script package I was/am creating for both of those mods.

The process of mining using this method involves a mining carrier ship and a number of drones. Unlike with the current in game method the asteroids are not destroyed until they have been mined out. Instead the drones use a non destructive mining laser to mine and then return the minerals to the host ship.

This package at the moment includes:
--Two new ships
--One new weapon
--New sector to by the ships and weapons

Pictures of the scripting menu:
[ external image ]

Pictures of the new ships:
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Future plans:

I hope to add more drones and ship giving different abilities, again these come from the much bigger script package I was creating for my two big mods. I also hope to model my own stations and create a few missions that will on completion allow access to better equipment.

How to use:
--Mining menu can be accessed from either the hotkey if you are piloting the carrier, or via the additional ship commands menu.
--Before you can use the drones to mine an asteroid they must have their home-based set to that of the drone carrier you wish to use. Each drone always requires a mining laser to function.
--New sector is located next to Light Water, Montalaar
--In the tfile 7581 is 3 values that can be changed, the first two are the min and max amount of "health" an asteroid can have and the 3rd is the time it takes for a drone to complete one cycle of mining. To have these values used by the game you must reload the tfiles. To do this go to the gameplay option menu and select Killerog scripts, Read Options!

Changelog
V0.01
First release

This is an earlier beta and I have released it so the scripts can be tested, none of the ships or states are final.

Download latest version from :: www.sbmod.co.uk
Last edited by killerog on Sat, 9. Mar 13, 15:22, edited 9 times in total.

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Sat, 15. Dec 12, 02:31

:thumb_up:
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

Vayde
x3tc

Post by Vayde » Sat, 15. Dec 12, 11:34

Is this on the same lines as Pelador's DAD script? http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... 09#2853709

This old script only works in DDTC and has not been refined as a stand alone. Will it be able to mine all roid types including Niv roids?
Still life in the old dog yet...

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Sat, 15. Dec 12, 11:51

This script just deals with mining. As far as i can see that one doesn't? Unless you mean something else ?

Its only set up to mine ore and silicon at the moment but i can easily add niv rocks to it. Ill most likely do that before i release it.

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Sat, 15. Dec 12, 14:40

And Ice please.
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Sat, 15. Dec 12, 14:44

Forgot about that :/ shows how much i play the game :D

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 15. Dec 12, 14:45

Looks definitely interesting. :thumb_up:

I have a question though: Do you plan anything to prevent the player from building a mine on the asteroid the drones are currently mining?
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Sat, 15. Dec 12, 15:19

Hmm good point. Need to put a check in to prevent that. Think ill be able to use the same check i use to see whether an asteroid has been destroyed to test for that.

Vayde
x3tc

Post by Vayde » Sat, 15. Dec 12, 16:41

Sorry killerog I should have been more specific. I know the DAD scripts do a ton of other stuff but I was referring to just the mining portion of the scripts. Ie the use of a specific drone to remove minerals from an asteroid just like a station does.

The DAD mining script charged you energy cells for this feature. Each drone launched from the carrier ship would have a capacity to collect 800 cargo units.

However in order to power the cutting tool and collector, energy cells were used. Pelador and later deadlyda, worked out a formula to change the ecell useage depending on the mineral being extracted, with Nividium costing the most overall.

As energy cells were expended, cargo space was made available and the mineral being harvested was added to the available space.

Hope this helps.
Still life in the old dog yet...

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Sat, 15. Dec 12, 17:22

Aww i see what you mean. I do plan to add a feature similar to what you have described but at the moment i just add a certain amount of mineral to the carrier every time a drone docks based on the asteroids yield and mineral type.

svsc89

Post by svsc89 » Mon, 17. Dec 12, 09:11

hey i like you´re idea. It is possible that u make a laser that is possible to fit on TS ships too?

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Mon, 17. Dec 12, 10:14

That's another plan i had for the future :) Well at least one that fitted to the new "mining ships".

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Mon, 17. Dec 12, 22:30

I've implemented the using of energy cells to mine resources, the amount used per cycle is based on the asteroids mineral type, yield size and the volume of the mineral.

Just trying to fix a bug that crashes the game on the rare occasion a drone is killed (thought I had fixed it till just now :( ) Then ill see about getting a first version released :)

Picture showing the changed interface.
[ external image ]

svsc89

Post by svsc89 » Tue, 18. Dec 12, 10:28

i have fix the mining part of that one here http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... &start=225
...i have take the e-cell using out.
Course it is for me a bit strange that i can shoot all the day withe my laser but on the same way i have to use e-cells for the drones/mining laser???
It make more sense that there have to stay (after there get full) a fair bit of time on the playership to simulate recharging.
From the ship weapon power system or something like that.
I mean Freighter drones have a Power level that is going down while there stay in space. if there running out of power there blow up his self...maybe you can change it that there don´t blow up. There just fly back and get slowly recharged by the player ships power/ weapon system.

You´re interface looks very well.

Fly save

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Thu, 20. Dec 12, 14:38

At the moment I will keep it the way it is. Not perfect I know but it will do for now :)

Retextured the drone so it now looks like this:
[ external image ]

Also created a new beam effect for the mining laser instead of using the repair effect:
[ external image ]

Added a sector where you will be able to buy the ships and lasers. Just got the drone carrier ship to make and it should be ready to go :)

svsc89

Post by svsc89 » Sun, 30. Dec 12, 09:35

looks great. but for what is that bio hazard symbol?

jack775544
x4

Post by jack775544 » Sun, 30. Dec 12, 12:19

svsc89 wrote:looks great. but for what is that bio hazard symbol?
Killerog actually smuggles bioweapons on his mining drones. He would tell me where to but he would then have to kill me… :D
1940s - Various "computers" are "programmed" using direct wiring and switches. Engineers do this in order to avoid the tabs vs spaces debate.

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Sun, 30. Dec 12, 16:04

:D First symbol I found while quickly looking for something. Texture has already changed as it now as my new logo instead of the text. Ill see if I can find a more appropriate symbol to put on it before I release the mod.

Treelor
x4

Post by Treelor » Mon, 31. Dec 12, 06:08

Are we going to see larger mining barges we can fly ourselves rather than using mining drones, too?

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Mon, 31. Dec 12, 11:19

Yes eventually there will be, but nit in the first release.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”