Colossus Hauler Cockpit Fix [Help Needed]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Shuraalex
xr

Colossus Hauler Cockpit Fix [Help Needed]

Post by Shuraalex » Sun, 16. Dec 12, 15:11

First of all I'd like to say that I'm terribly sorry for bringing this problem up since I did find a topic on this before, but sadly it was restricted from posting( bumping I assume ) and it did not have any solution.

I'm sure everybody knows about the Colossus Hauler cockpit problem where as the scene(cockpit?) is placed Inside the ship itself.

I attempted to fix the problem on my own and thus I went forth with google at my back and optimistic thoughs in my head, sadly I was crushed at the start.
My journey began as I looked up Cycrows Tutorials page and found the required tools. I downloaded the mighty "X3 Editor 2"

But as hard as I tried I could not open the damn "ArgonMDemo" with the T Job in order to edit it and editing the cockpit position slightly higher above the ship ( assuming that its what I want .. ). I was able to open it directly as a scene ( I think, its a pbb file ) but alas trying any other extension failed me! It took me around 30 minutes of failed attempts and probing the tool itself where after I went back to my browser!

I went to Cycrow's wing again and found Topcross's Editing TShip's Tutorial, but sadly it was slightly outdated and required the X3 Mod Manager and X3 editor, which are now both in X3 Editor 2.

With my morale low and tea supplies near my PC at an end, I was franticly running from tutorial to tutorial but alas most if not all directions were centered around old tools with X3 Editor 2 being left out.

As a "Last Resort Option"(LRO) I hit google again with first thought out google searches to outright ridiculous.. But alas my attempts were fruitless and I was left with my only option : heading here and posting another stupid thread which as I said above somebody already did but since Egosoft's Search is complete bolox its impossible to find the needed thread.

I remember once I tried finding MARS or Anarhis Defence System via the advanced search.. I found everything BUT those two things.. Anyway

Thank you in advance for reading this post.
"I don't know what a Xenon is. From what I hear tell they're kinda like toasters with
attitudes only bigger and and with plenty more attitude" - Scion Drakhar Tue, 23. Nov 10

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Sun, 16. Dec 12, 15:26

Instead of trying to fix the scene, just use the same scene as the Colossus.

Shuraalex
xr

Post by Shuraalex » Sun, 16. Dec 12, 15:58

Could you point me towards the direction where I could configure what ships use which scene so I could just assign, As I said above it proved to be a pain to use X3 Editor 2 for me and I cannot open any ships with the T Job extension.
"I don't know what a Xenon is. From what I hear tell they're kinda like toasters with
attitudes only bigger and and with plenty more attitude" - Scion Drakhar Tue, 23. Nov 10

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 16. Dec 12, 16:04

...just use the same scene as the Colossus.
Or simply use a Colossus instead. As mentioned in the first topic you linked, Hauler variants (maybe except for those of freight ships) are usually not meant to be in the game and therefore not meant to be flown by the player at all.
but sadly it was slightly outdated and required the X3 Mod Manager and X3 editor, which are now both in X3 Editor 2.
If you can't figure out, how to use the X3 Editor 2 correctly, you could use the (old) Modmanager and X3 Editor instead. They're both still downloadable from doubleshadow's website.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Shuraalex
xr

Post by Shuraalex » Sun, 16. Dec 12, 16:11

Hmm I thought those were discontinued.

Downloaded both tools:
It seems that X3 Editor is a malware and my system "Prevented" the installation.. Thats odd..

And X3 Mod Manager, after installing it, it announced that it requires some scrip libraries, upon agreeing and signing a pact to download the said libraries, windows 8 attempts to connect to its gods in order to correct some problem and then it closes the installation.
After much thought and meditation I decided to re-install the Mod Manager and using all my wit to persuade the installation to not download the libraries by declining the offer. After that it brings up an error(DLL related) upon trying to open the said Manager.

Err TL;DR : both seem to malfaunction, I will attempt to install the X3 Editor even thought my PC seems shy of all those Malware things it suspects about it.

EDIT1: I was able to download all the required libraries via the X3Editor Installer, and thus was able to run it, still the Mod Manager gives me a dll problem.
One question, where is the directory with the ships, I can only find the models but the actual scripts for the ships like freight size, amount of turrents and that kind of stuff is beyond me.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 16. Dec 12, 17:00

You're not looking for scripts. Scripts are responsible for the AI behaviour of your ships. As for ship properties you're looking for the TShips and TCockpits file, which can be found within the types folder. Check the tutorials you linked in your first post already.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Shuraalex
xr

Post by Shuraalex » Sun, 16. Dec 12, 21:05

I will attempt to edit the Tship: Argon Colossus (Simple)
Thus far I extracted the file with the mod manager.
Its type is : Egosoft's 3d mode file

What do I do with it? It will not open with anything but the X3 Editor 2 as a 3d model view.. I tried to convert it to a bob file.. don't know why.

I'm horribly confused because I am not getting the tools\files I'm supposed as it is explained in the tutorials, for instance:
Ok, first things first, adding a new entry to the Tships file. (The first thing would actually be to extract
the Tships file but I’m going under the assumption that you know how to extract your game files, if
not, there is a great tutorial for this in the stickies that covers all the basics of modding.)
To do this, simply right click in the left column and pick ‘add’. It might however also be a good idea to
copy an entry of an existing ship to use its statistics as a template. The editor will ask you if you want
to add the new entry to the end of the list or insert it. I strongly recommend adding it at the end of
the list as I had issues in the past when inserting it that satellites end up being Arrows or Starbursts,
as far as I know this is due to the fact that satellites don’t actually have their own scene.
Ok we got our new entry, time to move on to the first tab, the info tab.
-Topsscore
Later the tutorial goes on examining the info tabs and what each page does, but I can't even get to it!

First of all I extracted the "object" from the game directory into a seperate folder, I assume that would allow me to operate with it.
Then the author says that In order to add a new Tship I have to click "Add" but I'm not trying to add a new ship I'm trying to edit an existing one! I attempted to run the extracted files with the X3 Editor with the following extensions (All of them): TXT editor; Galaxy Editor; Text Resource Editor.

None of which seemed to recognize the type of the file and thus refused to open it. Now what I have currently is an extracted Colossus M1 from the objects which will only open with X3 Editor 2 as a 3d viewer..

How do I open it as a TSHIP? :((

Vayde
x3tc

Post by Vayde » Mon, 17. Dec 12, 10:01

This might help but never tested it...

Install and Run X3editor2 in Admin mode and make sure its pointed at your installation of X.

From the open button, select open from VFS.

Then select the Types folder, then Tships, then T file editor.

Scroll down the list on the left hand side and select Colossus.

In the tabs across the top of the page select the Model tab.

Note down the entry for the cockpit there, mine says "ships\argon\cockpits\argon_m1_cp_scene"

Now select the Colossus Hauler further down the list and replace the cockpit scene with the whatever yours says.

Save the file and overwrite the original Tships with the new data.

If it works let me know and I'll have a cigar :)
Still life in the old dog yet...

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 17. Dec 12, 13:58

Its unlikly that will work.

The cockpit scene is the scene that is displayed while your in the cockpit (usually means nothing)

whereas the position the cockpit is at is in the model/componants

you might be able to get it working by simply changing the scene to match that of the standard colossus.

Is there a reason you want the Colossus Hauler working, rather than simply creating a new ship based on the original ?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”