[TC] Possible to have no losses non Xenon boarding ops with latest patch?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

pref
x4

[TC] Possible to have no losses non Xenon boarding ops with latest patch?

Post by pref » Mon, 17. Dec 12, 08:48

I serched a bit on the forums, but couldn't get clear info regarding this..
Assuming i have latest patch & 21 fully trained marines entering deck 1 the same time - can they all survive?

I like my marines, we have done so many ops together, so i wouldn't mind a few reloads if i can save them that way.
Otherwise ill just treat them like any ware in the game.

bizbag
x3tc

Post by bizbag » Mon, 17. Dec 12, 09:06

There's a remote possibility, but it might be wiser to just act as though a Xenon ship has a Marine tax per deck.

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Mon, 17. Dec 12, 09:37

use a lesser rated sqaud for the innitial boarding then keep topping up with your elites.
When traveling pause occasionally, look back and enjoy the moment again.

pref
x4

Post by pref » Mon, 17. Dec 12, 11:28

Thanks for the help!

Pity rng doesn't kill the lowest fight skilled ones first.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 17. Dec 12, 13:08

Actually it does, or at least, the lower skilled marines have a much higher chance of being the ones that are killed.

pref
x4

Post by pref » Mon, 17. Dec 12, 13:28

Cycrow wrote:Actually it does, or at least, the lower skilled marines have a much higher chance of being the ones that are killed.
That changes everything :)
I must have been really unlucky with the K i boarded.

Bill Huntington
x3tc

Capping the Big Ships without Losing Marines

Post by Bill Huntington » Mon, 17. Dec 12, 17:49

I'm in TC 3.1. Ten marines that are 4 x 100 are my standard boarding crew for non-Xenon. I rarely lose even one marine.

4 x 100 is the key. Many pilots want to get into capping as soon as possible. But the marines are 3 star, or 5 star, not 100 in every category. So they have losses, perhaps on every cap. So it takes a long time to really have 4 x100 marines.

This game I had 3 x 100 marines by Game Day 7. By Game Day 7.5, I had them to 4 x 100. By Game Day 8, I had 12 Tyrs, 10 Atmos, 2 Skirnir, a Tokyo, 7 Deimos, a Raptor, and an extra Tiger, without losing a single marine. Almost all reloads were from the hacking stage, for more loot.

Before this game, I would destroy or ignore a target with HP. Now I carry 15 marines so I can get 10 into a ship with HP. Sometimes I will use 15 for the purpose of fight training the marines that are 3 x 100.

That is the hardest part of my game, waiting until the marines are 3 x 100. I want to just start using them. But the payoff for waiting is huge.

If I need a few extra marines to fill out the crew, I will use them early and send them back when their fight rating is 100.

Even the crew of 10 that is capping the hard ships like the Tyr can have perhaps 1 marine that is 90 for a fight rating. In two caps, it is 100.

Good Hunting !
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

pref
x4

Post by pref » Mon, 17. Dec 12, 18:36

Finally had a little time to go on - it wasn't that hard afterall.
4 Reloads at deck 1, after that it got easier with each deck: the sirokos is lovely :D
I think i'll stop training more marines.

Even got a free M to dock something in the J while clearing the sector.

And the Panther is amazing.. 4 Qs, 2Ks and the J's shields were no problem, only fired 2 swarm missiles to cover the pods rest was handled by the IBLs. I did not expect to do it without some M2s initially - the xenon sector is really crowded.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”