Argon Drone Hauler (M4)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

LTerSlash
x4

Argon Drone Hauler (M4)

Post by LTerSlash » Tue, 18. Dec 12, 11:33

I just found it flying on a Argon patrol along with other fighters, it was piloted and i called in my Kestrel can manage to cap it.

Im thinking, the good thing about those piloted drones t that they come already fully equiped, so there is no problem to mass produce them on the HQ, and just save a template to equip them with weapons.

Im thinking to mass produce them equiped with MD.

I also trying to locate the Boron Drone.

jack775544
x4

Post by jack775544 » Tue, 18. Dec 12, 11:34

They are supposed to be unused in the game so it is a weird occurance that you even got it. Treasure it before it is RE'ed, as you might never get another.
1940s - Various "computers" are "programmed" using direct wiring and switches. Engineers do this in order to avoid the tabs vs spaces debate.

bizbag
x3tc

Post by bizbag » Tue, 18. Dec 12, 11:38

Are you using any mods? I though the drone hauler was an unused ware inherent to M7Cs

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Tue, 18. Dec 12, 11:42

I'm pretty sure they were in the earlier versions of the game. I also remember there being civilian M4 job ships inside the carriers... Gourmet Direct on a military carrier, is this what we pay our spacetaxes for!?
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

Manks
x3tc

Post by Manks » Tue, 18. Dec 12, 11:45

I've seen them in a vanilla game with 2.5.1. Probably still in 2.5.2 but haven't looked that seriously. They're around - keep your eyes peeled.

LTerSlash
x4

Post by LTerSlash » Tue, 18. Dec 12, 11:51

All the Drones M4 are in my encyclopedia, except for the Teladi/Terran, so i must have seen them.

My game is unmodified, but im on day 8, and im just noticed them, maybe they apear late on game?

http://i.imgur.com/qq1i6.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/oxdDs.jpg

Im trying to catch the Boron one since it can carry HEPTs and PBEs.

EDIT: HQ production time is... 5 minutes for the Drone Hauler.

http://i.imgur.com/QHpYH.jpg

<Embedded huge images replaced by links. Alan Phipps>

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Tue, 18. Dec 12, 14:40

Forum rule 8: Images posted should not exceed 640 x 480 and 100kb in size.

Well. Wow. Hehehe ;)

Better thumbnail/link them before a moderator comes and shouts at you. <I didn't shout. Alan>

EDIT: Damn those drones are cheap to make. :O
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

DiArmada
x3tc

Post by DiArmada » Tue, 18. Dec 12, 15:56

wow, 5 Sirokos?
all filled with marines too?

JoeVN09
x4

Post by JoeVN09 » Tue, 18. Dec 12, 16:55

is it a ship that hauls drones, or a drone of the Hauler variety? :P
~ Experienced X3 veteran. Dangerously incompetent X4 novice. ~

LTerSlash
x4

Post by LTerSlash » Tue, 18. Dec 12, 17:59

Is a unmanned drone that has a pilot for "balance".

Basicly is a ship, an M4, with M5 level shields and weapons (but with M4 generator), except for the Boron Drone, it has 250m/s speed, 3x5MJ shields and can load up 4xHEPTs or PBE... the Boron drone is better than the Mako or even the Pike... except for shields. I think they can even JUMP.

I intent to arm the Argon drones with Mass Drivers... the point in those ships comes already fully upgaded, that means i can produce them equiped with shields, weapons and ammo on the HQ and they are ready to fight, they do not need engine or software upgades, and they are cheap and fast to produce, so lossing them fast should be not a problem, i gona build and equip 30 of them and try them on a small battle, if it goes well ill put a plan to get a Raptor fully loaded with those ships... as well a complex to build the weapons, shields and ammo.

The cost is something like 600.000 for each drone with 4xMD, with shields and ammo, that means 39M for the full Raptor air wing, if i produce the the weapons, shields, ammo and materials to build it, its just 19.000 per ship, and those ships i dont even need to manually upgrade them, that was the reason i abandoned the Carrier role, to much micromanage, even using Falcon hauler, sentinels, you gona lose them and the price is not the problem.
DiArmada wrote:wow, 5 Sirokos?
all filled with marines too?
I do not remember when i destroyed those Sirokos, ive been looking for them to board one, and nothing... they probably spawn at a certain stage of the war...

LTerSlash
x4

Post by LTerSlash » Thu, 20. Dec 12, 18:09

Im still hunting and no luck so far, it apears that Teladi and Terran also have the Drone Haulers M4, it does not apear on encyclopedia yet, so i havent found them...

The Terran/Boron/Parannid ones looks interesting...
http://dnacorp.zxq.net/navi.php?race=Te ... d_ship=330

http://dnacorp.zxq.net/navi.php?race=Bo ... d_ship=327

http://dnacorp.zxq.net/navi.php?race=Pa ... d_ship=328

My problem with the Argon M4 is that MD has a 3.3Hours cycle for 5 units :S, also i havent found a way to set automaticly the mass driver ammo resupply for all ships, i can equip them with MD and shields on the HQ at one, but i cant find a way to set the ammo resupply on them :S

I guessing that we shouldt be able to use them... maybe it was supposed to be usable BY the Drone Haulers M7... but in that case they ill need a especial dock to dock only those drones and, of cource bigger hangars.

EDIT: I just found another Argon Drone :S it was part of a sector patrol over Paranid space lol...

Baratheon79
x3tc

Post by Baratheon79 » Thu, 20. Dec 12, 21:37

So far, in my AP game, I've gotten the Argon and Boron drone haulers (one of each), and I have them stashed away somewhere for when I get the PHQ (between building up my empire and antagonizing the Paranid, I haven't been bothered to rush through the plot missions, until I finally finished the main plot last night). I'm running the NPC Bailing add-on, so I found them already abandoned.

After looking at the screenshot of the production cost and time, I might have to consider using those things for the lighter fighters on my two carriers. Would certainly be a cheaper option than the Enhanced Elites I've got aboard my Shuri now. And as for the issue of keeping them supplied with MD ammo, that's why I'm using CODEA. :D

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”