CLS Management for the Hub Plot

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

bizbag
x3tc

CLS Management for the Hub Plot

Post by bizbag » Thu, 20. Dec 12, 05:35

Greetings, everyone.

I'm currently working on Gate 2 of the Hub Plot, and have a self-sufficient complex producing Crystals.

For those who feel it is relevant, this is the complex I've constructed.

The station has a fully-trained CAG working for it.

My issue is: I'd like a CLS ship to transfer the produced crystals to the Hub, but leave a minimum amount so that the station will not stagnate. Currently, I have him set to simply purchase all the crystals and unload them on the HUB. This is how I delivered my Teladianium, and it wouldn't be much of an issue, except the low stock remaining at the Complex means my CAG is continually out purchasing new crystals. Ideally I'd like to avoid that, as I set up the complex to avoid buying so many.

I have considered simply blacklisting Crystals for my CAG so that he will not purchase more, but what I'd really like is for my CLS ship to leave a certain amount when he comes. That is, he'll take as many Crystals as he can, but will leave at least, say, 1000 of them (or whatever).

Does anyone know if this is possible with the standard CLS software? Blacklisting Crystals on the CAG is inelegant but will work if not.

Thanks in advance, everyone.

Bill Huntington
x3tc

CLS and crystal

Post by Bill Huntington » Thu, 20. Dec 12, 05:59

bizbag, I explored this question, and found no easy answer. You can set the CLS2 ship to take a certain amount, but if your station is not full, then that set amount could still take all the crystal you have. And so on...

I actually found it easier to use a MORT to transfer the crystal so I could leave 1000 Crystals in the Complex. For Ore, Tel, and Sil, I did use CLS2. When the numbers approached 1000 for Ore and Sil, I stopped the delivery ship.

I used 2 CAGs to gather crystal from NP universe.

Good Luck !
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

Stephen_Garlick
x3tc

Post by Stephen_Garlick » Thu, 20. Dec 12, 09:03

Yeah dude, your only chance is to use a turn amounts, then check up on it when your turns run out if you still have enough crystals...

ace_killer
x4

Post by ace_killer » Thu, 20. Dec 12, 15:26

Do the % levels for stock not have any impact on this? ie set it to 5% so that you never dip under that level of crystal.

Its been some time since i looked at the CAG/CLS but i remember one of them had options to set a minimum and maximum % on the resources. This was how id stop a transporter taking all the e-cells to a mining complex...

Aragosnat
x4

Post by Aragosnat » Thu, 20. Dec 12, 18:51

The only thing I can suggest. As I had problems with that too. Was instead of MORT was to make just a non-self sufficent crystal plex and had CAG shoppers set to buying NPC wares. Also had TL Mamoths near by to be loaded up with crystals. True this requires a lot of cash. But, with my drug plex and my 20+ LT it was not a big deal. Thing about the non self supporting plex is you can always use your own wares

Another thing you could do. Is have your CAG sell it to the Hub. Just make sure you set it to 50% so it will hopefully never take over half, having an ungodly amount of jump fuel set aside could help with that. On the CLS use. You could set it to only fill up to a really low amount like 10 crystals then have it go back and forth with that amount as long as your plex is able to keep out producing what you're taking, which is the main thing you will need to be looking out for..
Chain Maille Armor
Profitzz
May this spacefly bother you.
[ external image ]
TC: 32+ Squidie (Steam DiD) deaths and counting since around June 18, 2012.

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Thu, 20. Dec 12, 19:12

You need a couple more ships to do this. What you get is one ship which sits in space. A TL works well, which has crystals shipped to it from the Plex. It has a second ship hauling crystals back to the plex. The ship transferring to the HUB takes from the TL, and not the complex. This prevents the transfer CLS from stripping all the crystals from the source station, but may not entirely prevent stagnation.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Ebonyfly
x3tc

Post by Ebonyfly » Thu, 20. Dec 12, 19:46

Hi Bizbag,

You need to use a CLS1 (internal) pilot rather than a CLS2 (external) pilot. CLS1 is less flexible than CLS2 but tailor made for the task you describe.

From memory the set up procedure is roughly as follows:
- Homebase the ship to your crystal complex.
- Add 'Crystals' to your list of CLS1 pilot's products.
- Set the complex as the supplier.
- Set the Hub as the consumer.
- At some point you are asked to set a transfer price of your choice. A price of zero will allow the goods to be transferred without any transfer of credits between your complex and the hub.
- Under 'Supply Conditions' set the 'Minimum Storage Space Filled - Supplier' to say 5 or 10%. The CLS pilot should leave this amount of stock in your complex and only transfer the surplus.
- Set 'Freighter Cargo Bay' to 101% to prevent the above condition from being overridden.

I think that should do the trick.

bizbag
x3tc

Post by bizbag » Fri, 21. Dec 12, 07:55

Ebonyfly wrote:Hi Bizbag,

You need to use a CLS1 (internal) pilot rather than a CLS2 (external) pilot. CLS1 is less flexible than CLS2 but tailor made for the task you describe.

- At some point you are asked to set a transfer price of your choice. A price of zero will allow the goods to be transferred without any transfer of credits between your complex and the hub.
- Under 'Supply Conditions' set the 'Minimum Storage Space Filled - Supplier' to say 5 or 10%. The CLS pilot should leave this amount of stock in your complex and only transfer the surplus.
- Set 'Freighter Cargo Bay' to 101% to prevent the above condition from being overridden.

Thank you very much, Ebonyfly, I've put this in place and it seems to be doing the trick; it's leaving the ~3660 crystals in place so my CAG doesn't go out and waste all my money buying more.

Thank you to everyone else for your replies as well for helping me puzzle this out.

Aragosnat
x4

Post by Aragosnat » Sat, 22. Dec 12, 01:51

Ebonyfly wrote:Hi Bizbag,

That is the internal one correct? As I have a bad tendancy to get both. XD
Chain Maille Armor
Profitzz
May this spacefly bother you.
[ external image ]
TC: 32+ Squidie (Steam DiD) deaths and counting since around June 18, 2012.

Ebonyfly
x3tc

Post by Ebonyfly » Sat, 22. Dec 12, 02:18

Aragosnat wrote:That is the internal one correct? As I have a bad tendancy to get both. XD
Yes and for what it's worth I have the same wasteful tendency!

CLS1 = Internal Commodity Logistics
CLS2 = External Commodity Logistics

CLS2 is superior in most respects but CLS1 is ideal in this scenario because it has some stock control features which CLS2 lacks.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”