This Large Rock In Aldrin

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

phantomrock2
x4

This Large Rock In Aldrin

Post by phantomrock2 » Thu, 20. Dec 12, 14:12

Has anyone figured out how to destroy this huge asteroid in Aldrin? I sure would like to see it go without killing anyone
[" thank you "]

ace_killer
x4

Post by ace_killer » Thu, 20. Dec 12, 15:19

By huge rock you mean the planet/moon sized lump that looks like itl pop at any moment?

If so yes i would love too see that as well. Tho im guessing it may link with Rebirth in some way...

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Thu, 20. Dec 12, 15:28

That IS Aldrin, as far as I can tell. Of course, it does make it kind of awkward to fly.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

JackKiller2266

Post by JackKiller2266 » Thu, 20. Dec 12, 17:15

as Triaxx2 said that giant asteroid in the center of the map is the planet of Aldrin, it look better like a real planet before the Xenon began their purge of the human-race, if u read the Galaxy map data on it in AP i think it tells you this, or it is in the Encyclopedia in AP

Bill Huntington
x3tc

Aldrin

Post by Bill Huntington » Thu, 20. Dec 12, 17:21

PhantomRock2, when you are not there, Collision Avoidance is turned off, and your ships fly right through it.

After the Aldrin Expansion plot starts, most of the stations get shifted to the East side, and you have those Accerators to move around the Rock if you come there yourself.

I like Aldrin for its cheap resources, and it is an ideal training ground for fast traders like the SBs you want for the Terran sectors. It is not bad for the faster traders like Chokaro and Baldric.
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

JoeVN09
x4

Post by JoeVN09 » Thu, 20. Dec 12, 17:31

Flying around it suggests it has a diameter of about 300km. In AP anyway. Also, logic suggests that you should be able to crack open an Earth-sized planet with about fifty mobile drilling systems. :mrgreen:
~ Experienced X3 veteran. Dangerously incompetent X4 novice. ~

JackKiller2266

Post by JackKiller2266 » Thu, 20. Dec 12, 17:41

joevn09, logic in the X universe is thrown out the window, and it replaces our logic with its logic

bizbag
x3tc

Post by bizbag » Thu, 20. Dec 12, 22:36

I don't believe the rock in the system IS Aldrin, because, as is quite important in the plot, their Terraformers never became Xenon. The object in the sector is just a large asteroid or maybe a dwarf planet.

TTD
x4

Re: This Large Rock In Aldrin

Post by TTD » Thu, 20. Dec 12, 23:51

phantomrock2 wrote:Has anyone figured out how to destroy this huge asteroid in Aldrin? I sure would like to see it go without killing anyone
I know in the s/m forum you can reduce the size.

Can't remember if there is a script to remove it.

phantomrock2
x4

It Is Indeed...

Post by phantomrock2 » Fri, 21. Dec 12, 19:43

Yes that big rock there is way too big & the mere size of the sector gives the pirates a lot of room to hide their bases which I am looking for but since Aldrin is so darn huge this seems to border on the impossible. :evil: I know they are in there because I have some Fenrirs in there that keeps detecting them. Let alone them harassing my Hayabusa freighters & disrupting trade there. Well I was expecting to move this rock & yes I have read the X Encyclopedia but this planet looks like the monstrosity that I would prefer to see go away for it makes travel while in the sector a daunting task. But since I have good navigational skills along with a Kestrel or a Spytfyre I figure it out. Just that this big rock/planet there doesn't make for speedy travel. I haven't said anything about docking, now have I...
[" thank you "]

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 21. Dec 12, 19:46

Aldrin would be a huge, boring, nearly empty sector without that 'rock'. It's nice to have something a little different in the game, IMO, and something that gives the player a bit of a challenge. :)
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

bizbag
x3tc

Post by bizbag » Sat, 22. Dec 12, 00:00

Nanook wrote:Aldrin would be a huge, boring, nearly empty sector without that 'rock'. It's nice to have something a little different in the game, IMO, and something that gives the player a bit of a challenge. :)
I agree, except the Aldrin asteroid slows my game to a crawl. I visit Aldrin once to drop a satellite and try never to visit again. Plus, missions are very difficult in Aldrin, not only because they are likely to expire before you can get within 25km, but the times given to you are based on the empirical distance to your targets, not the circular distance you must travel.

I love the concept, but it clashes with game mechanics more than I enjoy. Granted, missions are a small concern (the rest of Terran space exists to do missions), and the first is mostly an engine issue, the kind that will be resolved by Rebirth's multi-core capable engine.

phantomrock2
x4

Ah Yes, Yes, Yes

Post by phantomrock2 » Sat, 22. Dec 12, 20:59

I do agree that I do not like a game that has simple input/instant gratification but that huge object in the way makes it very difficult to do Aldrin mission, let alone doing some & then checking to see if your percentage went up but you just spent forever in there getting to do a mission. GREAT GAME but that right there is very defeatist if you ask me. I would be more content with an asteroid field than circumnavigating that rock :P
[" thank you "]

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”