[X3AP] Stock Exchange help?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

WishmasterSR

[X3AP] Stock Exchange help?

Post by WishmasterSR » Sat, 22. Dec 12, 23:31

I have been playing with the local Argon Stock Exchange and with Company Stock Exchange for some time now, and with good results, but I have a few questions.

How do you profit with any other local markets than the Argon ones? I found the Split and Teladi markets to be very chaotic and with very few shares to buy. Which goods are good to invest in at the split markets!?

Joe McCracken
x3tc

Post by Joe McCracken » Sun, 23. Dec 12, 09:43

It really depends on the area and the game. You just have to look at the trends and see which ones are movers and which ones are not. As far as I can tell it differs from game to game what is popular and profitable. :?
I'd like to shoot you in the butt with a EBC gun, hide in the asteroids and laugh at what I done, put a blood blister upon each bun, I'd like to shoot you in the butt with a EBC gun.
Some people are like slinkies, not worth a whole lot, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

hourheroyes
x4

Post by hourheroyes » Sun, 23. Dec 12, 10:57

Basically, the way to win the stock market (and make your game super boring) is this:

Biological Microorganisms consistently jumps way above 100 rating and drops back below. Always buy it when it's over 100, as it will always go back down. Easy profit.

Three stocks consistently rise and fall together: Terran High Tech Goods, Construction Equipment, and Weapon Interface Chips. They always follow the same trend. They'll consistently go above 100 (BUY BUY BUY) and jump way down into yellow numbers again (SELL SELL SELL)

Warning: This will make you insane money very fast and make your game ultimately boring.

bizbag
x3tc

Post by bizbag » Sun, 23. Dec 12, 11:04

That's why I just ignore the stocks. I'm already making bank the normal way.

JoeVN09
x4

Post by JoeVN09 » Sun, 23. Dec 12, 14:32

I tend to get good performance out of the corporate/company indexes natural goods like plutonium, but I'm not sure if anything meaningfully affects those stocks other than the RNG. I find myself using it mostly when I a quick cash injection need to replace a ship or train some marines, etc.

Related question: is it known if anything affects the corporate stock market (e.g. NMMC, OTAS, Yaki Acquisitions share prices)?
~ Experienced X3 veteran. Dangerously incompetent X4 novice. ~

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”