TL Jumping

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

ScorpioNicus
x3ap

TL Jumping

Post by ScorpioNicus » Tue, 25. Dec 12, 07:25

Hi, I have a question about getting energy to my TLs for jumping.
Since they cannot dock at power plants or my complexes I guess I have to use another ship to deliver energy to them.
If this is the case, I would like to have a dedicated refuel freighter for my fleet of Mammoths. The supply command software seems too limited for this. I think I can have the freighter commanded to refuel the fleet with a specific amount of energy cells but it would only work that one time. I would like it to continually supply the fleet so that my mammoths can always freely jump. If possible, I guess I would like to make sure each one is supplied with a few thousand energy cells at all times.
If this is possible I would greatly appreciate an explanation.
Thanks!

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Tue, 25. Dec 12, 09:28

There are a couple of options. Option one, is the default method of docking them at the various military outposts, which sell energy cells, though not all of them do, and in limited qualities.

The second is to use Commodity Logisitics System 2 (External) to create a 'Gas Station'. What you do is pick a TL and park it in space, then assign one or two TS class ships to bring it energy from a nearby Solar Power Plant. Then other TL's can be ordered to follow the 'Gas Station' and refuel manually.

The third option is to set up a CLS2 to jump from an SPP to each individual TL and refuel them. The advantage is that it can fuel it self from multiple SPP's, the downside being that it'll have to be a TS which might not be able to catch the TL's.

I use a hybrid of options two and three. I have a 'Gas Station' sitting outside my energy complex, fed by a TS and a few fast fighters. (I use a Teladi Albatross) Then I use a second TL to pick up fuel from the Gas Station, and jump around fueling my other TL's and capital ships. (I use a Split Elephant, which can catch any other TL).

The only annoyance there is that the fueler TL will occasionally jump into an active combat zone to fuel a capital in combat.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Tue, 25. Dec 12, 09:30

Note that some HQs and military bases sell energy cells.

bizbag
x3tc

Post by bizbag » Tue, 25. Dec 12, 09:58

What you want is the Commodity logistics software, available in the Bonus Pack. Search this forum for "the idiot's guide to CLS" and he'll tell you exactly how to do what you want to do.

Alternately, you can start the Hub plot- TLs can dock there and you can stock the place with ECells easily. Or, purchase an Equipment Dock and do the same.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Tue, 25. Dec 12, 13:12

I set up EQDs strategically placed as personal refueling posts.
I set a small cargo ship(Teladi M3 Hauler,usually) to keep the EQD stocked with e-cells.

oddgit
x4

Post by oddgit » Tue, 25. Dec 12, 13:26

I just set up equipment docks throughout the universe map. They all are set to not sell, they stock mosquito missiles, eCells and fighter drones. They have agents that restock them as needed. If my AI ships like UTs are near the dock they use them, but they are mainly for my TLls and my use. I tend to put them in sectors with good shipyards, equipment docks and solar plants near by like Legend's Home. It works pretty well.

zooze
xr

Post by zooze » Tue, 25. Dec 12, 13:48

And you can also use xenon hub and phq also in tc.

oddgit
x4

Post by oddgit » Tue, 25. Dec 12, 14:09

WHAT?! TLs can park at the Hub? How did i not know this! :/

zooze
xr

Post by zooze » Tue, 25. Dec 12, 14:56

Yep :) only has one TL/M1/M2/M7 clamp but its where i park mine.

oddgit
x4

Post by oddgit » Tue, 25. Dec 12, 17:41

Does it get in the way of other ships? I am totally going to park my Aran or Kyoto there!

zooze
xr

Post by zooze » Tue, 25. Dec 12, 18:32

No it parks between the two bulges where the M3/M4/M5/TL/TP docking clamps are.

ScorpioNicus
x3ap

Post by ScorpioNicus » Wed, 26. Dec 12, 16:52

Oo thanks for the responses. I think I'll try out the CLS2.

oddgit
x4

Post by oddgit » Thu, 27. Dec 12, 16:58

Oh oh oh! I forgot a very good solution, You can get yourself a Aran, fill that bad boy full of eCells and a Jump Drive, you got your self a stew, err mobile gas station. You can set TS ships to bring it ecells and everything. I just manually fill it up with eCells. Jump it to a sector with a solar plant, fill it up and refill then it to the Aran. That way if you loose track of the eCells in your TL, you can bring the eCells to the TL. =D

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”