Problems, unlocking Argon Stock Exchange and Seizewell TL crashing

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

mark37uk
x3ap

Problems, unlocking Argon Stock Exchange and Seizewell TL crashing

Post by mark37uk » Sat, 29. Dec 12, 01:46

Hi everyone, I have a couple of problems if anybody can help:

Argon Stock Exchange

Playing Albion Prelude, I cannot unlock the Argon Stock Exchange. It says access is restricted to individuals who own at least one station in Argon Space. I have 8 stations in Argon space, currently ranked as Argon Federation Guardian. I have tried entering in different ships, and everything else I can think of. I don't know how I got access to the Boron Stock exchange and unlocked Teladi exchange by paying 10k credits no problem, but Argons do not want to let me in. Is there something I'm missing?

Teladi Albatross in Seizewell

I am also having problems with the Teladi Albatross in Seizewell, twice I have hired the ship now and it doesn't turn up with my factory. At first I thought the Teladi had robbed me, but 2nd time I followed and it crashes into the Teladi Shipyard as it undocks and blows up. Anybody came across this before and got a work around? I was thinking if I destroyed all the rocks in the sector it might help, otherwise I guess I will have to get my Teladi stations from another sector.

Manks
x3tc

Post by Manks » Sat, 29. Dec 12, 02:04

I've been told that you have to manually target the Argon stock exchange from space to get it to unlock (not from any map). Couldn't tell you why that works, but eh, can't hurt. In one of my recent games, had access to the Nyanna's Hideout one despite not owning any stations or even having docked there.

As for hired TLs, yes they like to smack into things. So long as they exist, you should be able to tell where they are from your properties menu (I think), however you can't go wrong by assigning a cheap M5 to follow it. Properties menu or not, in order to give the thing orders it has to be visible on a map, which means either satellites or some other ship.

And the work-around for not crashing into things is to get OOS as soon as you've hired it, and only go back IS once it has reached its destination. Sucky, but it should work. Seizewell is particularly bad thanks to all the rocks.

mark37uk
x3ap

Post by mark37uk » Sat, 29. Dec 12, 02:33

Thanks Manks!

I did what you said and targeted the Stock Exchange from space, went to info, then view exchange, and it has unlocked, so now have access to it :-)

I will try again another time with the Seizewell TL. Next time will try jumping out of sector before I order it to leave.

bizbag
x3tc

Post by bizbag » Sat, 29. Dec 12, 04:20

I'd just stay out of Seizewell altogether. Drop a satellite so you can tell the Albatross to undock from out of sector entirely.

mark37uk
x3ap

Post by mark37uk » Sat, 29. Dec 12, 12:05

Thanks!

Went OOS and Teladi pilot left the space booze alone when undocking from the shipyard and made it over to Boron space! I lost 2 Teladianium Foundries before I realised what was going on but that's nothing compared to what I'm making on the stock market.

Lessons learned:

* To unlock a stock exchange, don't land on the station, target it from space.

* Command TL's out of sector, especially in Seizewell.

bizbag
x3tc

Post by bizbag » Sat, 29. Dec 12, 13:15

The more commanding you can do out of sector in general, the better. Except combat where Qs are involved.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”