Removing boost extension

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

daemon1129
x3

Removing boost extension

Post by daemon1129 » Sun, 30. Dec 12, 00:38

I'm wondering if I would like to remove boost extension, what would be the fastest and simplest way to do it. I tried deleting it from TWareT, that didn't work.

What I am basically trying to do is to stop ships from accelerating to max speed within a second. Or the function of Boost extension are to be removed.

RoverTX
x4

Post by RoverTX » Sun, 30. Dec 12, 00:45

It only works on player ships if I remember correctly. So just don't use table for acceleration and it wont "work". That or you could remove it from all Docks and Stations that have it for sale.

daemon1129
x3

Post by daemon1129 » Sun, 30. Dec 12, 00:55

Well I can control myself not using it. But NPC would still use it, that is what I want to "fix". Or am I mistaken? Is it because the acceleration on lighter ships are so fast that I thought they were using boost extension?

jack775544
x4

Post by jack775544 » Sun, 30. Dec 12, 01:05

Never just delete an entry fom a T file. It will stuff up your game.

The boost extension is only sed by the player, so removing it will do nothing. The AI behavior shall be unaffected by its removal.
1940s - Various "computers" are "programmed" using direct wiring and switches. Engineers do this in order to avoid the tabs vs spaces debate.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 30. Dec 12, 10:26

daemon1129 wrote:Well I can control myself not using it. But NPC would still use it, that is what I want to "fix". Or am I mistaken? Is it because the acceleration on lighter ships are so fast that I thought they were using boost extension?
only the player ship used it, NPC's dont.

its pretty much useless on small ships anyways because they allready accelerate fast.

also, are you aware of how it actually works ?
simply pressing tab does not activate it, it only sets your maximum speed and accelerates normally.

to use it properly, you need to hold down tab for increased acceleration

daemon1129
x3

Post by daemon1129 » Sun, 30. Dec 12, 12:35

So if I reduce the acceleration on all light ships significantly, THAT should fix it?

I am aware how it works, I was just not sure whether the AI uses it as well. Especially when I play with mods, some of the acceleration on pirate m5s are insane.

Treelor
x4

Post by Treelor » Mon, 31. Dec 12, 06:15

That would achieve your desired effect. I would recommend running bounce if you do that, though, since the AI will be much more likely to herp itself into the side of a station.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”