Ships that I have captured and bought transport ships die for no reason

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

HelsBane
x4

Ships that I have captured and bought transport ships die for no reason

Post by HelsBane » Tue, 1. Jan 13, 05:16

When I capture a ship and try to send it anywhere it dies within minutes i think its at gates but they have also died just in space even after fully repaired. The same happens with ships bought for stations. I started as the argon patriot who is neutral to everyone but pirates and haven't seen any pirates when this happens. Its not just happening to me my friend is playing a game in mirror to my own and its happening to both of us. We have played before and not had this problem but that was before patch 2.0. Here's a list of the mods I have but I doubt any are doing it http://i.imgur.com/2SpTQ.png

Terre
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Terre » Tue, 1. Jan 13, 10:51

As your game is heavily modified, any advice would be purely guess work.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 1. Jan 13, 11:51

If this is happening in X3AP War Sectors with you OOS then that is entirely usual; no matter your rep levels, one side or other will attack your personally unattended assets there.

Check your pilot's log to see if it says what is killing your ships.

There are some ships generated from station missions that will disappear at the end of the mission timer period or on changing sector even if you have captured them in the meantime. Also if you repair some (stolen) damaged mission ships at your PHQ then they will disappear instead as their mission script completes on their 'removal' to be repaired. None of this happens with normally bought ships and it should not happen if/while you are flying the ship personally.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

HelsBane
x4

Post by HelsBane » Wed, 2. Jan 13, 02:50

Ya It does seem to be only in the war sectors I didn't know that would happen and finally caught a terran ship shooting them on the sector map so new question is there a mod or a way to make it not happen that you know of?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 2. Jan 13, 13:48

Not in vanilla (other than using Local Traders with start and range to avoid war sectors, and UTs with war sector blacklisting from the Bonus Pack) - it is an intentional feature and not seen as a bug. Any 3rd party solutions should be pursued in the S&M forum.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”