[TC] PHQ - worth to do hub plot 1.5 times

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

pref
x4

[TC] PHQ - worth to do hub plot 1.5 times

Post by pref » Tue, 1. Jan 13, 16:47

hiho!

I somehow managed to get rid of my saves, and the latest backup i have is missing the delivery of 74k chips, a 150 station complex to produce it and other things (like 32x gammas for the deca, and some tyrs, osakas and xenon capitals that i have captured). So im sad...

Does the PHQ give so much extra fun/possibilities worth doing it again, or i'd be better off starting a new game, or start AP (never played that)?
Looks like it just makes me a bit stronger by allowing me to (mass?) produce ships that i can not buy or capture in quantity.

Larxyz
x3tc

Post by Larxyz » Tue, 1. Jan 13, 17:09

You can change their colors too! :)
big bonus for me atleast...
grin.
oh yea, LOTS of storage. :)

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Tue, 1. Jan 13, 18:54

You may find the save game manager useful in future.
see my link.

The PHQ and the ANH sector are the two main acquisitions for me when I play TC.

ANH is not available in AP unless you use my first link.

pref
x4

Post by pref » Tue, 1. Jan 13, 19:00

TTD wrote:You may find the save game manager useful in future.
It was actually save game manager - when i switched the modified tag it restored some very old saves, and when i switched back it restored some other very old saves (that were only a few hours newer). Cant find the latest ones anywhere :(

Color change can be funny though :)

Hrodeth
x3tc

Post by Hrodeth » Tue, 1. Jan 13, 19:16

I'd go AP if you're starting over. The PHQ plot is a lot shorter and doesn't require massive amounts of production. Plus you get new ships, hull size increased on everything. And loads of other small changes.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Tue, 1. Jan 13, 19:29

pref wrote:
TTD wrote:You may find the save game manager useful in future.
It was actually save game manager - when i switched the modified tag it restored some very old saves, and when i switched back it restored some other very old saves (that were only a few hours newer). Cant find the latest ones anywhere :(

Color change can be funny though :)
Sounds like you mean the sgm in the Mod installer.

This one is entirely different.

I had the same problem with the mod installer,but thanks to this one,I could retrieve all my saves.
This one even lets you add notes to the campaign you are playing,so when you change campaigns and go back months later,you can see what you were trying to do.

Rhox
x4

Post by Rhox » Tue, 1. Jan 13, 22:32

Getting the PHQ again gives you the opportunity to use kurush's CLS 2 exploit to clone it at an EQD in vanilla. At the moment, I have 7 PHQ's of which six are dedicated to building ATF ships and creating a small fleet for me. Feel free to search for it or PM me for the exact instructions.

best regards,
Urkel
"Warnung: Frachtraum ist.....Frachtraum enthält nun: Khaak Zerstörer" -"Cool!"

http://www.seizewell.de - die ultimative deutsche Ressource zur X-Reihe
http://www.x-lexikon.xibo.at -ein deutsches Wiki zur X-Reihe

pref
x4

Post by pref » Wed, 2. Jan 13, 13:41

TTD wrote:Sounds like you mean the sgm in the Mod installer.
Correct. Thanks for the tip, ill get that other manager next time i play around with the game files.
Rhox wrote:Getting the PHQ again gives you the opportunity to use kurush's CLS 2 exploit to clone it at an EQD in vanilla
Never thought it could be loaded on a EqD :D
Guess this is TC only..? Will try it once i'm done with vanilla.

Rhox
x4

Post by Rhox » Wed, 2. Jan 13, 14:28

pref wrote:
Rhox wrote:Getting the PHQ again gives you the opportunity to use kurush's CLS 2 exploit to clone it at an EQD in vanilla
Never thought it could be loaded on a EqD :D
Guess this is TC only..? Will try it once i'm done with vanilla.
Actually, you only need to load it into the EQD once so it is in the wares list. After it is in the list, you can build it.
As far as I know, it is TC only since kurush made his exploit public some time before AP was released, so ES had time to fix it for that game. What I don't know is if it works for Reunion (I actually don't see why it shouldn't).

best regards,
Rhox
"Warnung: Frachtraum ist.....Frachtraum enthält nun: Khaak Zerstörer" -"Cool!"

http://www.seizewell.de - die ultimative deutsche Ressource zur X-Reihe
http://www.x-lexikon.xibo.at -ein deutsches Wiki zur X-Reihe

pref
x4

Post by pref » Wed, 2. Jan 13, 15:18

Rhox wrote: As far as I know, it is TC only since kurush made his exploit public some time before AP was released, so ES had time to fix it for that game.
Regarding this i found a post on how to bring it back in ap 2.5+ if you are interested:
Section 'Bringing Back the FrD Exploit to AP 2.5'
http://roguey.co.uk/wiki/x3ap/exploits/

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”