[X2] Final goals

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

fig
x2

[X2] Final goals

Post by fig » Wed, 2. Jan 13, 03:08

I've been playing X2 on and off for over 5 years now. I did buy X3:Reunion, but after I'd played through the plot it didn't seem as compelling to me as X2. I could play X2 on my low spec laptop too so I went back to playing X2 and stopped playing X3.

I'd like to try out TC and AP, as well as Rebirth when it comes out, but I need to finish off my X2 game first. The hardest thing to do in X2 seems to be increasing the race ranks. Getting to X-treme combat is not too difficult, X-treme trade is harder (I'm not there yet, but I'm getting there), 100% in the top race ranks is harder still. I reckon if I keep playing for maybe another year or two I might get there. At the moment I've got a little bit over 50% in the top rank for all of the races, but it takes about 5-10 assassination missions to increase one of them by 1%. So that's at least 1250 more assassination missions I'll have to do if I'm going to get them all to 100%. Unless I've missed a trick there's nothing else you can do in the game that makes a significant difference to your race ranks.

I have a few other goals: build a bigger fleet of warships (enough to hold off the Xenon in X472), build some more stations (i.e. fix the economy), do some more XIs, cap some more Xenon Ks, make another billion, the usual sort of things really. I guess I'll keep at it and report back in another year. Is anyone else playing their X game for years and years like this? I have to admit it has become something of an obsession...

Severniae
x3

Post by Severniae » Wed, 2. Jan 13, 10:40

I tend to keep my games going for a year or so. I think my longest was X3 which lasted at least 3 years (on and off) - I've just come back to the X-Universe after a year or two off and dived into Terran Conflict - I forsee this game taking some time also...

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Wed, 2. Jan 13, 23:46

I have been playing the X games,in general,since the release X2.
I think the longest single game start was about 18 months to two years in TC.
I still have the save which I go back to from time to time.
So It's not really finished yet.
Just all the main plots and half the corporation plots.

With AP,I did the two starts to get both the PHQs.
Went back to TC for a while until the mod in my link appeared.
Played that a lot.

Now playing XTC (Extended TC version) 2.0 :D

I have fond memories of X2 and still fire it up sometimes :)
Bur each time I do,I have to learn to fly again. :oops:

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”