[AP] Player HQ in a Xenon sector

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

PromX
x4

[AP] Player HQ in a Xenon sector

Post by PromX » Sun, 6. Jan 13, 01:39

I must ask this because im not quite sure, how this game works.
Can i safely place my HQ in a Xenon sector? To be specific, Xenon sector 347 between Eighteen Billion and Scale Plate Green. I want make this sector my own, because i like how it is nicely in the center of the Universe.
After i clear the sector (xenon stations, ships) and place there the HQ, can i expect them to respawn there again?

Skism
x3tc

Post by Skism » Sun, 6. Jan 13, 01:50

Yes...

also I believe that as soon as you knock out one Xenon sector every other one sends ships towards it - making a taking the sector perminatly very hard I suppose you could take a xenon sector with a dozen cap ships - but you will need heavy security indeed to hold it - maybe 7 destroyers
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest."

-Thomas Paine-

WCPope
x3tc

Post by WCPope » Sun, 6. Jan 13, 01:54

they respawn
with enough lasertowers and a large enough fleet, you could probably keep it mostly cleared, but not without losses that would need to be replaced periodically. The Veterans would be able to say for sure about how much would be needed for sure.

PromX
x4

Post by PromX » Sun, 6. Jan 13, 02:25

Well, that sucks :D Right now i would be more than unable to defend the sector, so i must search for some other place. Thx, You did spare me the pain.

jack775544
x4

Post by jack775544 » Sun, 6. Jan 13, 02:53

The Xenon will eternally spawn there. Pity cause it is a nice sector.
1940s - Various "computers" are "programmed" using direct wiring and switches. Engineers do this in order to avoid the tabs vs spaces debate.

PromX
x4

Post by PromX » Sun, 6. Jan 13, 03:45

Ok, i want to now one more thing.

When i place the HQ in the Unknown sector neighbouring with Legends Home and after that build there some complexes, are the npc traders start trade with me there or will they ignore the sector?

WCPope
x3tc

Post by WCPope » Sun, 6. Jan 13, 04:33

my PHQ is in the Unknown near Clarity's End, and they visit my 'plexes there. I also have the Hub linked to there too, so that might make a difference though

Promethium
x3tc

Post by Promethium » Sun, 6. Jan 13, 06:53

PromX wrote:Ok, i want to now one more thing.

When i place the HQ in the Unknown sector neighbouring with Legends Home and after that build there some complexes, are the npc traders start trade with me there or will they ignore the sector?
The NPC traders will always go for the best price. In my experience they'll always visit your station if the price is right.

Master of the Blade
x3tc

Post by Master of the Blade » Sun, 6. Jan 13, 13:15

In TC at least Xenon ships don't actively attack your stations in their sectors for some reason. I remember having a crystal plant in I think X598 because I had it spare from building a complex, and set the prices so I could watch a steady stream of traders trying to reach it. It got destroyed only when I went IS so the AI turrets automatically fired on it when a battleship happened to fly past. Don't know about AP though.
Allergic to work.

If at first you don't succeed, delegate the job to a minion.

anthony clark
x3ap

Post by anthony clark » Sun, 6. Jan 13, 21:54

Hi,

If you don't mind having a modified game them i suggest you use a great script called STO v1.54 by Trickmov, this allows u to claim any zenon sector for your self and also suppresses any zenon respawns in that sector, it also can spawn npc stations in your new sector.

cheers have fun

zooze
xr

Post by zooze » Sun, 6. Jan 13, 22:07

This is why I still play TC even though I own AP. The hub is just awesome and it doesn't really matter where your HQ is then.

Manks
x3tc

Post by Manks » Sun, 6. Jan 13, 23:31

In AP, I have a complex in Xenon Sector (the unnumbered one) and while the patrols never head out near it, I do get groups spawning directly on top of it. Since I never see them spawn that far from the gates on their own, I can only assume that they were generated just for me.

It takes a few M2s to protect, and I've wasted a jump beacon on it to make it accessible, but I suppose it is certainly possible. Probably not going to do similar in future games.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”