[X3AP] Repairing Terran Reputation

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

stilgarpl
x3tc

[X3AP] Repairing Terran Reputation

Post by stilgarpl » Fri, 11. Jan 13, 09:28

Hi

I've played X3TC and X3AP for few hundred hours now and I love them both, but I have a problem with X3AP.

I started as Poisoned Paranid and I've finished the main plot and I've killed some Terrans, and it got me "Insurgent" rank.
I'd like to be able to trade with them again, but they don't let me into their core sectors, don't let me land or trade with them in border sectors and don't offer me any missions.

I tried killing Argons in war sectors and it helped a little but completely destroyed my Argon reputation ( from Hero of the Federation to Insurgent, while giving only few % increase in Terran rep )

So, what can I do to make them like me again?

Also, first post, yay :) I've been playing X games and reading this forum for about 3 years now and both are great. I actually bought X3TC three times, because I thought it was too cheap and Egosoft deserved more money :D

TKup93

Post by TKup93 » Fri, 11. Jan 13, 10:30

Well, I believe you only have the option of killing their enemies at this point. The war sectors are good for this as youve been doing...although having the terrans as friendly doesnt really matter all that much save for buying their ships (They are quite nice).

Other than what you have been doing all I can think of is scripting yourself rep...

stilgarpl
x3tc

Post by stilgarpl » Fri, 11. Jan 13, 10:34

Do they have other enemies than Argon? Is there a border Terran sector with frequent Xenon or Pirate attacks?

Manks
x3tc

Post by Manks » Fri, 11. Jan 13, 11:15

Pirates occassionally slip into Terran space, but mostly only if they have stations up there. To work that, you'd kinda need access already. For the most part, Terran space is natively incredibly secure.

A good alternative would be to use the Hub to force Xenon movement through Terran space. For example, if you link Asteroid Belt and Heretic's End along with a couple of the Xenon sectors near the core, going and clearing Xenon Sector 472 (near Black Hole Sun) should cause capitals to go through Terran space. Kill those and you'll have border access in no time. Once you have that, do missions around the "back door" (Segaris, Aldrin 2, Megnir, ...) to get core access.

A second alternative is: if you lack border access but aren't kill-on-sight, build a few fabs in Terran space and let them trade with you. If you pay a good price for energy cells, that can easily move your rank up. Down in Aldrin and Aldrin 2 they can use a few basic commonwealth bio fabs so that can be a good option. In one start, I worked my way up with a wheat farm connected to a soy farm. It is slow, and you might have to empty out excess E cells, but it works.

stilgarpl
x3tc

Post by stilgarpl » Fri, 11. Jan 13, 11:41

Thanks, Manks! Those are very good advices. I haven't finished the Hub plot yet, so the first one will have to wait.

I was thinking about building those stations, but it would not be easy - I can't build them in Asteroid Belt, because it's a war sector and most likely the station will be destroyed, but if I try to fly TL to Saturn 2/3, it will be killed in Jupiter or Saturn. If I could only get my hands on Jump Beacon and drop it in Saturn 2/3 ...

Manks
x3tc

Post by Manks » Fri, 11. Jan 13, 17:23

Take the back door by running a fast M5 through the Xenon sectors (North from Grand Exchange, East twice, South once, West once). There are jump gates down there, so once you've mapped it you can get a TL in easily. They're also all border sectors, so they're ideal for this kind of thing.

stilgarpl
x3tc

Post by stilgarpl » Wed, 16. Jan 13, 00:32

Thanks again! I didn't know about that route, I build some factories in Megnir and Aldrin 2 and now Terrans love me :)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”