Any jumpdrive scripts for AP?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Staxed

Any jumpdrive scripts for AP?

Post by Staxed » Sun, 13. Jan 13, 04:48

I've looked at the two that I found on the mod list, but they don't seem to work in AP.

Are their any Jumpdrive mods working for AP? I'm really looking for the removal of the ecell use, and instead drain shield/weapon power (seems more realistic to me).

stealthhammer

Post by stealthhammer » Sun, 13. Jan 13, 05:07

Just unzip this and install the SPK. The zip contains both the EMP friendly and emp reliant one.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21838722 ... AHD%29.rar

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... &start=270

Forum search is wonderfull...
"The more we, as a human race, becomes more advanced, the more we, as a human race, lose our humanity and common sense." - Sean Patrick Feeney

"Technological progress is like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal." - Albert Einstine

Staxed

Post by Staxed » Sun, 13. Jan 13, 06:34

stealthhammer wrote:Just unzip this and install the SPK. The zip contains both the EMP friendly and emp reliant one.

Thank you for the help, though I'll never understand the need to add sarcasm into it. As a brand new player to this game, the modding is a little overwhelming...especially when most of the instructions on all the mods use abbreviations that I don't know and have to look up.

Got the mod working now, though it is useless to me due to the price of the needed modules it seems. :(

I've read everything on the page, but it doesn't seem like that mod allows ecells to not be used, and replaced with using energy from the shields/weapons systems instead?

I'm just trying to make it seem more realistic without breaking the bank...just want to change the default 'fuel source' for the jumpdrive really. Just seems to me with a ship already powered by energy...there should be no need for ecells :).

SyberSmoke
x4

Post by SyberSmoke » Sun, 13. Jan 13, 08:51

Staxed wrote:
stealthhammer wrote:Just unzip this and install the SPK. The zip contains both the EMP friendly and emp reliant one.

Thank you for the help, though I'll never understand the need to add sarcasm into it. As a brand new player to this game, the modding is a little overwhelming...especially when most of the instructions on all the mods use abbreviations that I don't know and have to look up.

Got the mod working now, though it is useless to me due to the price of the needed modules it seems. :(

I've read everything on the page, but it doesn't seem like that mod allows ecells to not be used, and replaced with using energy from the shields/weapons systems instead?

I'm just trying to make it seem more realistic without breaking the bank...just want to change the default 'fuel source' for the jumpdrive really. Just seems to me with a ship already powered by energy...there should be no need for ecells :).
The people around the forums are very...protective of their searching.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Sun, 13. Jan 13, 11:22

Can we leave the sarcasm to the moderators please ;)

The forum search by the way is pants, this is why most people use google instead

Anyhow, Staxed look in the stickie relating to community downloads and you'll find everything and more, for example this would be found under navigation being a jumpdrive query and there's a few in that section

:)
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 13. Jan 13, 12:10

Staxed wrote:Just seems to me with a ship already powered by energy...there should be no need for ecells :).
Two solutions:
Free Jump
Logain Industries Capital Ship Energy Cell Generator (CSecG) v2

stealthhammer

Post by stealthhammer » Sun, 13. Jan 13, 15:43

I didn't realize I put sarcasm into it, if you feel like I did I'm sorry.
"The more we, as a human race, becomes more advanced, the more we, as a human race, lose our humanity and common sense." - Sean Patrick Feeney

"Technological progress is like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal." - Albert Einstine

Staxed

Post by Staxed » Sun, 13. Jan 13, 19:17

stealthhammer wrote:I didn't realize I put sarcasm into it, if you feel like I did I'm sorry.
stealthhammer wrote:Forum search is wonderfull...
That was the sarcasm part, but no worries, I really did appreciate your help :).

I can't really find anything that does exactly what I want other than the one that doesn't work for AP (http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=249069).

Guess I'll just use the one that removes credits from my account for now until I can figure something out (maybe I'll work on making one of my own once I read up on the modding system for the game).

stealthhammer

Post by stealthhammer » Sun, 13. Jan 13, 20:39

Ah I was talking about how the forum search kinda sucks, lest it does for me. I had to go into my post history way back then.

Anyhow in the in game hot key manager (cant think of the script) I think you can change the settings for it, I only use it on transports and cap ships though. Advanced nukes on cap ships should provide power I think. I think you can set a hot key for the hot key manager in the key bindings. Its been awhile since I played x3. RL stuff has been taking a toll on my time and myself.

Staxed

Post by Staxed » Sun, 13. Jan 13, 20:46

stealthhammer wrote:Ah I was talking about how the forum search kinda sucks, lest it does for me. I had to go into my post history way back then.

Anyhow in the in game hot key manager (cant think of the script) I think you can change the settings for it, I only use it on transports and cap ships though. Advanced nukes on cap ships should provide power I think. I think you can set a hot key for the hot key manager in the key bindings. Its been awhile since I played x3. RL stuff has been taking a toll on my time and myself.
I'll see if I can find the ingame hot key manager :) (I have one that came with the plugin manager...is that it?

And sorry about the sarcasm thing, that makes sense now. Guess I'm just so used to people on other forums being sarcastic about searching that it hit a nerve :D

stealthhammer

Post by stealthhammer » Sun, 13. Jan 13, 22:07

This place is different, people help on here. The people on the freelancer forums, when I was there I got banned just for asking how to mod the game. These people encourage you to mod it out to your own liking.

Think this is the hotkey thing I was talking about - http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=226805

I really dunno if its a part of the plugin manager or not but both I think are from cryow so probably are.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Mon, 14. Jan 13, 05:57

stealthhammer wrote:The people on the freelancer forums, when I was there I got banned just for asking how to mod the game.
Try the-starport.net. That is where the real support is these days.

(From your description, it sounds as though you may have been on the pirated Lancer's Reactor site? The original people who created that site are gone. The site has been taken over by a guy who is basically insane.)

stealthhammer

Post by stealthhammer » Mon, 14. Jan 13, 23:46

Ya when I was on lancers reactor we had just started having problems with the spammers and hackers taking over. Anyhow I did change someone's ship called The Raven I think and added more torpedoes and laser hard points to it. Thing was mean in a fire fight :twisted:

edit - I just realized I lost the scrips/mods for the game I used.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”