Request: Trump Card Weapon/Systems

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Midnak

Request: Trump Card Weapon/Systems

Post by Midnak » Mon, 14. Jan 13, 02:22

Hi everyone. I really enjoy playing around with just one ship in X3TC sometimes to get the whole lone wanderer/bounty hunter feel. As I am relatively new to modding I was wondering if anyone knew of any mods that add that extra edge a "main character" would have. Whether it be some sort of super expensive system or weapon. Basically, I'm looking for a mod that'll enhance my lone wanderer gameplay if neither of the above examples exist.=.

Lancefighter
x4

Post by Lancefighter » Mon, 14. Jan 13, 02:33

You already have it. its called the "Strafe Drive Extension". In previous x games, it had to be purchased - But now you get it for free. Just because you are a player. Congrats!

In all seriousness, I dont think there have been that many scripts/mods looking to accentuate the player as an important feature - The player already has a great deal many advantages over others in combat (mostly strafe, as mentioned above), but also in terms of merely being able to bring a bigger ship. Capturing enemy ships is an almost purely player thing, in addition to boarding (although, the base game apparently has latent boarding scripts inbuilt)

I see what you are looking for (probably an entire rpg leveling system), and could understand why you would want it, but I dont really think that has been the focus of people around here.

Midnak

Post by Midnak » Mon, 14. Jan 13, 02:40

Cool, thanks for the full response rather than just shooting me down. :)

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Mon, 14. Jan 13, 06:08

M7M's (and M8's) are absurdly powerful in the player's hands. I do not use them, personally, because I prefer that only enemies have such strong weapons systems. But, if you want a mega weapon, then it is hard to beat torpedoes.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Mon, 14. Jan 13, 06:58

My CPLS and PMTS scripts may be what you are after.

Both CPLS and PMTS can be acquired only by player owned ships and can add an extra edge to player owned ships.

CPLS allows any ship that can carry other ships such as M7C/TM/M1 and some M2/M6/M7 to supplement their laser and/or shield regen using power drawn from the shields of docked ships.

PMTS allows any ship to trade off laser regen for extra shield regen or visa versa.
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”