[X3AP] Going for XTREME....

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

hourheroyes
x4

[X3AP] Going for XTREME....

Post by hourheroyes » Wed, 16. Jan 13, 07:27

So I'm really trying to get XTREME trade rank before I shelve this current playthrough of AP. It's taking FOREVER and I really want it to go faster.

Right now I have...

2 40 station chip plexes
1 20 station tube complex
~40 UT's going around, but 4-5 of them are always on standby
3 small production complexes with a CAG assigned to each.

I have CAGs assigned to all the plexes/stations to make sure I'm buying/selling goods below/above average price, respectively. How high or low you can get past the average price is what's most important in collecting trade rank, correct?

Does anyone have any other ideas what I can add to this to make my rank go up faster? I'm about halfway through Magnate right now, and I know there's so much left to go...Super Magnate, then Tycoon, then Pan Galactic whoozy whatsit...

How do I raise my rank FAST?

Manks
x3tc

Post by Manks » Wed, 16. Jan 13, 08:00

Use the Hub in some fashion, it is amazing for trade. I use it to supply all base resources for all factories. Some of that I buy on the cheap using another trading station, the rest is shipped in from factories of my own.

Another thought is to use it to attract traders for weapons that are usually hard to sell, like Teladi or Split stuff where the demand is spread out pretty far.

The Hub basically lets you run the economy of the universe.

Also, doing build missions for end-products can be a good idea. More stations to sell to, and if you end up saturating the demand, you can have CAGs buy off the excess and then use manual trade runs to sell it into oblivion.

Hardscript
x3tc

Post by Hardscript » Wed, 16. Jan 13, 09:16

Build a 5 xl SPP complex and set it to other races cannot trade, then set up your own traders and use the hub, Done right you should rack up 100 trades an hour.

sadron
x3tc

Post by sadron » Wed, 16. Jan 13, 09:44

Hardscript wrote:Build a 5 xl SPP complex and set it to other races cannot trade, then set up your own traders and use the hub, Done right you should rack up 100 trades an hour.
I don't understand what you mean.

hourheroyes
x4

Post by hourheroyes » Thu, 17. Jan 13, 02:14

Yes, can you please expand on that plan?

pref
x4

Post by pref » Thu, 17. Jan 13, 11:38

Everything will increase your trade rank where your ships do the trade and either buy below average, or sell higher then that.
NPC ships buying from your complex won't count.

One way would be to build non-closed complexes, that take resources available in quantity (sold below average even with your consumption included) and selling products that are in need via CLS/CAG above average. Like a complementer factory for specific NPC factories, producing their resources, and using up their products.

This means numerous small complexes, as you need to produce a bit less then what gets sold so prices won't drop below average.

Also you might need to buy up all end products from the NPCs in the production chain, to keep it going constantly (with this scenario your factories will not be producig end products).

You can also destroy some NPC factories that ruin the picture to create more demand and increase your profitss.

Another way would be to use CAGs to fill your EqD or Xenon Hub - adding all the products available to buy below average. Then set up some ships to clear the EqD before it gets full. Load it in an Aran or PHq if needed and sell the not needed stuff asap. This will not really make you any money though, but with nice cashflow you won't really feel it.

Sinxar
x4

Post by Sinxar » Thu, 17. Jan 13, 12:13

I agree with the Hub suggestion above. Great way to up your trade rank.

My plan was to simply use the Hub as a profit generator, and to that end it worked great. As a side effect it also got me to Pan-Galactic Tycoon in a fairly short time.

What I did was base a ton of CAGs at the Hub and gave it something like 25 mil credits to start with. Then connected the hub so most of the map was only a few jumps away (to save on fuel). You also need to have a constant supply of e-cells in the hub, if you don't the entire system will fall apart.

I added all primary and secondary food items and assigned six CAGs per food group (3 buyers, 3 sellers).

How this works is the buyers will buy say, beef and the finished steaks at a very low price then drop them in the hub. The sellers will then distribute the food to the rest of the galaxy to the highest bidder. This was done for all the commonwealth food products.

Then add some more CAGs to do the same with Ore and Silicon.

(for TC:)
I do not recommend connecting to terran space with the hub, as Xenon will come out of that area beyond those unknown sectors because of the shortcut. Instead I placed some trade stations around in terran space and had the same system, buy water and food, drop in trade station, distribute with more CAGs.

The entire thing runs surprisingly well if setup properly. I wrote a guide and had it posted on my site, but like an idiot, I didn't make a proper backup when the hosting service went down and lost it. perhaps i'll get on writing it up again soon.

pref
x4

Post by pref » Thu, 17. Jan 13, 16:53

Sinxar wrote:The entire thing runs surprisingly well if setup properly. I wrote a guide and had it posted on my site,
Never thought this will even net you money! Pity your guide is gone..

Could this also feed the PHQ meanwhile? Setting this up sounds much less time consuming then building a huge plex again.

Sinxar
x4

Post by Sinxar » Thu, 17. Jan 13, 17:04

Yep. You can make it buy whatever you need and stock it in the PHQ. Even works for the TC hub plot provided you have enough additional income to cover the cost of the insane amount of materials.

pref
x4

Post by pref » Thu, 17. Jan 13, 17:48

Sinxar wrote:Yep. You can make it buy whatever you need and stock it in the PHQ. Even works for the TC hub plot provided you have enough additional income to cover the cost of the insane amount of materials.
I did that, nicely works for silicon/chips. just finished the hub plot - it added quite a lot to my own production surprisingly (maybe around 1-2000 chips / hour - not sure if that is even possible..?)

Can hardly wait to get my first HQ ever :D

But to get back on topic this pushed up my trade rank so far nicely, from economist to capitalist just during the hub plot and i was buying on max price to keep it going.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”