X3TC - TM question

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Jamumools

X3TC - TM question

Post by Jamumools » Thu, 17. Jan 13, 15:51

Guys, finally bought myself a TM but now can't figure out how to get ships to dock in it. What is the command please? Do I need any specific software?

Thanks

Jamumools

Post by Jamumools » Thu, 17. Jan 13, 15:55

Ok don;t worry - I must have been too close to the shipyard or something, I moved away and my Kestrel jumped in.

For those that wondered, you set home base to your TM, and then use command "return home".

Baratheon79
x3tc

Post by Baratheon79 » Thu, 17. Jan 13, 16:15

Or just "Navigation>Dock at..." and select your TM. The homebase option isn't exactly preferable for me, given what I typically use a TM's hangar slots for (transporting salvaged ships to a shipyard to sell off, or delivering new fighters to a carrier to replace losses).

Sinxar
x4

Post by Sinxar » Thu, 17. Jan 13, 17:07

There is also some sort of glitch where the ship won't dock, it will just sit there at 0 m/s. Moving around will usually solve this problem.

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Thu, 17. Jan 13, 17:26

If the above happens, use the WASD thrusters to move a little directly away from or towards the ship so it doesn't happen again.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

ApatheticEthic
x3tc

Post by ApatheticEthic » Thu, 17. Jan 13, 17:44

The ships not docking thing happens to me all the time in my carrier. I just move a bit until I see them start to accelerate a lot. Once I do that and come to a stop, they usually dock.

caddman
x3tc

Post by caddman » Thu, 17. Jan 13, 17:55

shift + d after the place you want to dock is targeted.
Talk is cheap simply because supply exceeds demand.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 17. Jan 13, 18:03

@ caddman: true if you are flying the ship, but this thread is now about AI Player ships docking (or not) with the Player's carrier. The occasional confusion for the AI is when it cannot decide the best path around an obstacle (such as the carrier itself and from many possible paths) to reach the start of the docking approach and it just locks up instead.

Changing the range and aspect of either the ship or carrier by a bit normally resolves this problem. I sometimes tell the ship to go to somewhere/follow something else for a bit and then tell it to dock again.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 17. Jan 13, 20:03

When I'm flying my TM in salvage mode, or just trying to get a ship to dock, I find it's much faster to transport a docking computer to the fighter, transport myself, and then use the docking computer to instantly redock with the TM. Using the hotkeys, I can do this in about 5 seconds flat when I'm in a hurry. :)
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

DiveBomberDave
x3

Post by DiveBomberDave » Fri, 18. Jan 13, 00:50

I find it helps if I'm OOS too.

kgkosio
x4

Post by kgkosio » Sat, 19. Jan 13, 04:08

I agree with Nanook, transfer the docking computer, change ships and dock.

Don't forget to transfer the docking computer back to the TM after you have docked. I have given away many docking computers this way during return ship missions.
Fan of the save game manager by badger
Best Steam DiD death: Fly into a TL repeatatly while repairing it

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”