Where are tractor beams sold?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

sadron
x3tc

Where are tractor beams sold?

Post by sadron » Sat, 19. Jan 13, 09:56

It's been a while since I've had to buy them and the only station that has them, in Third Redemption, is out. I swear while I was flying around I saw one in a station not specifically a factory but damned if I can remember which one it was. Any directions would be appreciated.

Joe McCracken
x3tc

Post by Joe McCracken » Sat, 19. Jan 13, 11:02

Third Redemption, IIRC, is the only sector with a factory. The equipment dock sometimes carries them in that sector also.
I'd like to shoot you in the butt with a EBC gun, hide in the asteroids and laugh at what I done, put a blood blister upon each bun, I'd like to shoot you in the butt with a EBC gun.
Some people are like slinkies, not worth a whole lot, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Sat, 19. Jan 13, 12:47

There are a few other ways. Third Redemption's Shipyard sells the factories, and if you're piratey, there will occasionally be a weapons dealer moving through Haktikvah's Faith that carries 8 of them. They're almost a guaranteed drop as far as I can tell.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

brucewarren
x3tc

Post by brucewarren » Sat, 19. Jan 13, 13:29

I was going to suggest buying a fab for the nearest Paranid dealer that stocks them. Late game when GoD has removed them all it's often the only option, but it's absurdly expensive and seems kind of wasteful when you only want one tractor beam and you have to go to the trouble of feeding the fab.

pref
x4

Post by pref » Sat, 19. Jan 13, 15:32

I had to build one too, no factories were to be found anywhere by the time i needed them. Just added the fabs to a complex and switched them off after the first cycle was done - still trying to sell the surplus 3 (and i did all the TC plots meanwhile). Not much profitss in the beam business :)

Joe McCracken
x3tc

Post by Joe McCracken » Sat, 19. Jan 13, 19:20

You can sell them at (some) equipment docks, or Military Outposts, or Corporation HQs, IIRC. Actually, Ive found in previous games, you can make at least your money back for the factory if you are willing to sell them at the 'sink holes'. Some people consider that an exploit, but as far as I'm concerned, it was put in the game, and if I need to use it, I will. :P
I'd like to shoot you in the butt with a EBC gun, hide in the asteroids and laugh at what I done, put a blood blister upon each bun, I'd like to shoot you in the butt with a EBC gun.
Some people are like slinkies, not worth a whole lot, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Rhox
x4

Post by Rhox » Sun, 20. Jan 13, 11:17

brucewarren wrote:I was going to suggest buying a fab for the nearest Paranid dealer that stocks them. Late game when GoD has removed them all it's often the only option, but it's absurdly expensive and seems kind of wasteful when you only want one tractor beam and you have to go to the trouble of feeding the fab.
After having produced the one Beam you need, you can sell the rest to the AI and also let the AI supply the resources by putting their price down a bit over average.

best regards,
Rhox
"Warnung: Frachtraum ist.....Frachtraum enthält nun: Khaak Zerstörer" -"Cool!"

http://www.seizewell.de - die ultimative deutsche Ressource zur X-Reihe
http://www.x-lexikon.xibo.at -ein deutsches Wiki zur X-Reihe

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”