XBTF Slow Cash? some help without you cheating :D

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

BIGSY.

XBTF Slow Cash? some help without you cheating :D

Post by BIGSY. » Sat, 19. Jan 13, 14:57

XbtF

Hi I noticed alot of posts regarding a lack of cash
at start up and the time it took to get the cash which
is SO long. Well even though it has been a while since
I played I thought I would try and help with these posts.

I Thought you may want to try this revised version of
the Save file with plenty of help.

770 Cargo Space
With 770 Nostrop Oil to get you started
and many bits already installed navi etc

also there is 76269.15 credits aswell.

Enjoy

Just remember to pay back the Teladi :D

Bigsy

http://www.mediafire.com/?aqvk6k06sd42ctj
Last edited by BIGSY. on Mon, 21. Jan 13, 16:05, edited 1 time in total.
Fragile Allegiance rocked
XBTF is so cool

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 19. Jan 13, 15:02

@ BIGSY. : Good intentions, but you need to state the game, patch/update version, whether using the appropriate Bonus Pack, and whether your game is or was ever modded with 3rd party mods or scripts. Version control is essential when exchanging saves.

People will also have to trust that you and your upload site are genuine and malware-free. Maybe registering an X game would give you some better credibility.

How do you get decimals of credits?
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Treetop69

Post by Treetop69 » Sat, 19. Jan 13, 20:38

There is a script that lets you customize your start by picking the player ship, extra ships, credits, race relations, and more, all at a one time window when you begin the game

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sat, 19. Jan 13, 20:58

Treetop69 wrote:There is a script that lets you customize your start by picking the player ship, extra ships, credits, race relations, and more, all at a one time window when you begin the game
see my sig for the link :D

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 19. Jan 13, 21:04

All of which would depend on what game he is offering a save for, and whether it is offered as a vanilla start.

mannyrenta

get unlimited cash

Post by mannyrenta » Sat, 19. Jan 13, 22:27

I used to have a problem with the cash issue too and didn't want to deal with hex editing but i found this program called cheat engine 6.2 now i have all the money i ever need and it works for other games too but so far only for the x series x beyond and x tension i hope u enjoy it.
Phoenix 1

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Sun, 20. Jan 13, 01:28

Anyone complaining in TC or AP that they have a cash problem have not played any X prior to those. If they did they'd feel embarrassed to say such thing. Mastering the (low) difficulty of money earnings is as important in X games it is in real life, it gives you a feel of achievement. Since that is a fundamental part of any X game, cheating money is like robbing yourself, you are deliberately shortening your game experience, thus not get a big chuck worth of the game you bought. An like I said, in both TC and AP money is thrown at you.

MFG

Ketraar

PS:: You are still free to do it, your loss, but your choice.

Zaitsev
x4

Re: get unlimited cash

Post by Zaitsev » Sun, 20. Jan 13, 04:01

mannyrenta wrote:I used to have a problem with the cash issue too and didn't want to deal with hex editing but i found this program called cheat engine 6.2 now i have all the money i ever need and it works for other games too but so far only for the x series x beyond and x tension i hope u enjoy it.
Since we're going down that road; You do know that Cycrow's cheat package will give you money for free too, without all the hassle of the cheat engine?

With that said; Even setting up a couple of MORTs in the right places has earned me up to half a million an hour, and I wasn't even working that hard. Rep, and thus increased rewards for missions, is also fairly easy to get.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Sun, 20. Jan 13, 07:28

Fah. Board and sell Destroyers. 80k credits looks like chump change compared to the 50 million you get out of a destroyer.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sun, 20. Jan 13, 09:10

Alan Phipps wrote:@ BIGSY. : Good intentions, but you need to state the game, ...

How do you get decimals of credits?
Those "assets" make sense only for the Xbtf. In that game the credits are shown with two decimals. The "Teladi" is obviously the Captain of the Teladi Company ship Phoenix, who did loan 3000cr to Kyle Brennan at start and told to: "Go trade, make profitsss."

Digma
x4

Post by Digma » Sun, 20. Jan 13, 12:06

Ketraar wrote:Anyone complaining in TC or AP that they have a cash problem have not played any X prior to those. If they did they'd feel embarrassed to say such thing.
I never actively played one of the older x-games, never really got into them. Even though I have always been intrigued by the genre since Braben's Frontier.

Still I don't feel that not having played the older x-games is a liability to what I can achieve in TC and AP. My preferred start is humble merchant and I have always taken it through the 'normal' route, so ignoring the stock market which can literally earn you millions within an hour (obviously I have tried the feature like anyone else). I prefer trading my way up and Will try to get a second ship as soon as I can and work towards to ST/UT.

Though modest, I have 10 UT's, a plankton complex (6 factories + int. product production, and an SSP), a microchip complex (4 factories, based on the same principle as the above),supply ships and a small squadron of M3's to clean 'my' systems from the occasional pirate scum. Combined credit stack is around 180M.

I have traded bucket loads of ore, ec's and wafers at the beginning of my games. As long as you try to learn from the other goods and their respective values, you'll never run or of work and with that a solid income to fund your little Empire. And I still consider myself a relative newbie at this game, who still makes a lot of simple mistakes a more seasoned player would most likely not do.

I think that with playing X3 comes a trait you need to have in order to go down the trading route and that is patience. Compared to most other games out there and what people most people apparently seem to want nowadays is what the X3 games don't provide and that's a fast and easy road, or even instant access, to succes and wealth.

Just my humble opinion.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sun, 20. Jan 13, 12:36

I play pretty much the same until I have got to know the game and played different starts.
Humble merchant is the easiest one to get you into earning millions without capping anything.

When I have got used to the game,I create alternative starts,but never give myself millions of credits,even though the tools I use can be used that way.

Also,making everyone friendly takes out even more challenge.
I tied it and the result was disappointing.

So I set a hard start and use Cycrow's CP to tweak the game if needed.

Since X2, I have rarely played any other games.
You don't need to have started with earlier games in order to enjoy the later ones.
In fact, I feel I had more enjoyment from the challenges of earlier games.
But TC is much easier to get into.

pr0nflakes
x4

Post by pr0nflakes » Sun, 20. Jan 13, 13:34

Starting with a bunch of assets would kill the fun for me.
Ive lost count of the amount of X games i've started now, and all the fun has always been in getting an empire on the go.
When i have said empire i generally get bored and play another game/s for a few months, then come back and start over.

Guess im a bit of a macro/micro junky because the same applies to other games i play minecraft etc.
Even RPG games the fun is in the building a char.

So i guess what im saying is if you choose to start with another persons save or use a cheat package you will be losing out on the sence of achievment that comes from doing it yourself.

BIGSY.

Sorry

Post by BIGSY. » Mon, 21. Jan 13, 16:04

Sorry Al

Okay well this is the game XBTF straight off the british install disk
I was getting so frustrated with it that I had to try and figure out
something to help with ship speed etc to get around.

I understand the hardcore gamers that hate credit "cheats", I am one
of them normally.

I played this game when it first came out all the way through and took it
off the shelf the other day and thought "why the hell not".

Since playing I have order X2 and X3 off ebay :D

If anyone has any questions please just ask :D.

Also just for note i have NOT used any "cheat engines" etc to do this :D
Fragile Allegiance rocked
XBTF is so cool

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 21. Jan 13, 16:10

Thanks for the update and title edit.

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Mon, 21. Jan 13, 17:33

Ok now that we know its X-BTF you are excused and I can safely say it THE most difficult X game to earn money (at least until you can afford a SPP).
Nonetheless its also THE game with the highest brag rights value and achievement feeling, HUB plot is a cakewalk in comparison. So cheating will cut on those substantially, again... your loss.

MFG

Ketraar

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”