X3TC question re satellite network

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Jamumools

X3TC question re satellite network

Post by Jamumools » Mon, 21. Jan 13, 13:40

Hi Guys

Just recently set a Disco to set up a satellite network. Just been checking his work and noticed there are 4-6 satellites in 2 sectors, 1 of which already had a satellite I put in it. Why is this? Have I done something wrong? Presumably I paid for those satellites... Do I know have to go scoop them up?

estevesbk

Re: X3TC question re satellite network

Post by estevesbk » Mon, 21. Jan 13, 14:33

Jamumools wrote:Hi Guys

Just recently set a Disco to set up a satellite network. Just been checking his work and noticed there are 4-6 satellites in 2 sectors, 1 of which already had a satellite I put in it. Why is this? Have I done something wrong? Presumably I paid for those satellites... Do I know have to go scoop them up?
I've personally never used this command. You can always manually tell your remote ship to move to a position e.g. the center of the sector and then when you open the ship menu hit "F" to open the inventory and use "eject: select amount" on the satellites and select 1.

Just fly through these satellites that were already deployed and you can pick them up.

Morkonan
x3tc

Re: X3TC question re satellite network

Post by Morkonan » Mon, 21. Jan 13, 22:09

Jamumools wrote:Hi Guys

When you activate the Satellite Network command, the ship does not differentiate between sectors that already have satellites and those that do not. It travels to all explored sectors and places a satellite at the coordinates specified. That means that you can easily get some overlap coverage due to either multiple ships carrying out the same command or one that has been ordered to carry it out, several times.

You can leave them there as there is no need to remove them. After all, you paid for them! :D Don't worry too much about it. Actually, having a couple extra sats in a few sectors can turn out to be pretty handy. Ships will sometimes crash into them, when you are in-sector and if they're too close to trade lanes, and pirates or other hostiles will sometimes take them out.

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Tue, 22. Jan 13, 00:35

iirc, the script does actually check for existing satellites, but only within a short range (and in early versions of TC it didn't work properly, so if your game isn't patched then that may be the problem).

sadron
x3tc

Post by sadron » Tue, 22. Jan 13, 00:37

I always set up my advanced satellites myself and try to maximize coverage and efficiency.

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Tue, 22. Jan 13, 05:01

Carlo the Curious wrote:iirc, the script does actually check for existing satellites, but only within a short range (and in early versions of TC it didn't work properly, so if your game isn't patched then that may be the problem).
Interesting. My game is patched, but I guess my Satellite Network crew hasn't been up to snuff, lately. It probably doesn't help that I used a Terran sector to set up my initial satellite coordinates a few times.

zooze
xr

Post by zooze » Tue, 22. Jan 13, 13:33

Morkonan wrote:
Carlo the Curious wrote:iirc, the script does actually check for existing satellites, but only within a short range (and in early versions of TC it didn't work properly, so if your game isn't patched then that may be the problem).
Interesting. My game is patched, but I guess my Satellite Network crew hasn't been up to snuff, lately. It probably doesn't help that I used a Terran sector to set up my initial satellite coordinates a few times.
Fire them ........ off with their heads..... how dare they fail there illustrious leader :) lol :)

pref
x4

Post by pref » Tue, 22. Jan 13, 17:01

In terran space i had to place them manually IS - when done by delpoy sat net command they often got kicked 60kms away by collision detection when i entered the sector first.

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Tue, 22. Jan 13, 21:16

zooze wrote:Fire them ........ off with their heads..... how dare they fail there illustrious leader :) lol :)
I would have, if it wasn't for this guy, The Hardest Working Pilot in the Fleet! :D

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”